CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-20 12:52:42 - Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

"they would play early-season home games in the Tampa Bay area and the remainder of the year in Montreal, commissioner Rob Manfred said Thursday.

While the plan is in its nascent stages, the Rays have embraced the two-city solution as the most feasible to saving baseball in the Tampa Bay area after years of failed attempts to build a new stadium in the region, sources said.

Under the plan, the Rays would play in new stadiums in both the Tampa Bay area and Montreal, sources said. The number of home games each city would receive has not been determined, sources said."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/270 … s-montreal

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-06-20 13:00:57 - Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

Re: Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

On a somewhat kinda related note.......I proposed a similar solution in the past for Southern Miss. Since the Toby Taco Tax can only stretch so far Southern Miss needs to move a handful of games for all three mens major sports to the coast. If we get back to six home games in football move 2 to the coast or New Orleans each season. Move several weekday contests in baseball to MGM or New Orleans. I would move at least 6 mens basketball games to the coast as well. I also still believe that our spring football game needs to rotate each year to cities with large alumni bases because we are not making any money hosting in Hattiesburg so take that on the road for the benefit of out of state alumni as well as for recruiting purposes in other states..... Don't really care about the gate for the spring game but if it helps with marketing our brand outside of Toby Tax land why not.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2019-06-20 14:05:16 - Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Agree the coast is fertile, but where would you play football?

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#4 2019-06-20 15:26:38 - Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Agree the coast is fertile, but where would you play football?

73c5f7a66f8c0311786a0d5ff3bb168c_400x400.jpeg

#5 2019-06-20 17:23:06 - Are you kidding me? Two City Rays.........

AndreWhere (1252)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

On a somewhat kinda related note.......I proposed a similar solution in the past for Southern Miss. Since the Toby Taco Tax can only stretch so far Southern Miss needs to move a handful of games for all three mens major sports to the coast. If we get back to six home games in football move 2 to the coast or New Orleans each season. Move several weekday contests in baseball to MGM or New Orleans. I would move at least 6 mens basketball games to the coast as well. I also still believe that our spring football game needs to rotate each year to cities with large alumni bases because we are not making any money hosting in Hattiesburg so take that on the road for the benefit of out of state alumni as well as for recruiting purposes in other states..... Don't really care about the gate for the spring game but if it helps with marketing our brand outside of Toby Tax land why not.

I've said this myself. There's absolutely no reason the Tractor Supply Mafia should have a monopoly on USM home football games, or USM anything for that matter.

Unfortunately, both Mobile and New Orleans now have their own college football teams that are arguably superior to USM, and the Mississippi Coast doesn't have an adequate facility for football.

Last edited by AndreWhere (2019-06-20 17:23:53)

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer