CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-01 09:57:42 - First Coaches Poll

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

First Coaches Poll

Essentially picks up where last season ended which is expected. AAC has UCF ranked at 17. Couple of things from the first poll....We play 1 ranked team and 3 teams in the "getting votes" column. Only one CUSA team getting votes, UNT, compared to two in the SunBelt and four in the AAC not including ranked UCF. Odd that Texas has now climbed back this high in the poll even ahead of Texas AM. Both State and Ole Miss getting votes. Surprised Army is up to #30. Only two ACC teams ranked and not sure Syracuse deserves to be top 25.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/p … 019-08-01/

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-08-01 13:12:46 - First Coaches Poll

Bleacher Eagle (44)

Re: First Coaches Poll

I see Ole Miss got 1 vote. They are supposed to be terrible this year, so either someone confused them with Mississippi State or some Sports Information Director (the coaches don't actually vote) is an Ole Miss fan.

#3 2019-08-01 14:55:26 - First Coaches Poll

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: First Coaches Poll

Bleacher Eagle wrote:

I see Ole Miss got 1 vote. They are supposed to be terrible this year, so either someone confused them with Mississippi State or some Sports Information Director (the coaches don't actually vote) is an Ole Miss fan.

Its just an SEC thing. Ole Miss is predicted by just about everyone to finish 6th in the west.......well Kentucky is predicted to finish 6th in the east and they are sitting at 31 in the rankings with 79 votes so......

I expect a lot of shifting after the first week regardless.....couple of interesting OOC games involving teams with votes to watch include:

Week 1
Miami at Fla
UCLA at Cinci
South Dakota St at Minn
Utah at BYU
Utah St at Wake Forest
Ole Miss at Memphis
James Madison at WVU
Syracuse at Liberty
Boise St at FSU
Fresno St at USC
OK St at Oregon St
Toledo at Kentucky

I have now seen multiple outlets that have us beating Ms St to start week two including Athlon Sports. "IF" that happens we will be in the top 40 by September 9. Thats how quick things can change with this poll.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer