CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 11:05:12 - I Hate Politics

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

I Hate Politics

Why in the wake of a tragedy do individuals immediately assign blame for the results of the mentally challenged? Why does the media fuel the fire to provide these unworthy opinions a primetime platform to promote this terrible and unsympathetic narrative while ignoring the equally terrible ongoing tragedy that continues to plague the nations third largest city?

I don't know if we will ever understand why the guy in Texas did what he did or why the guy in Ohio carried out a copycat massacre. The guy from Texas lived in a thriving town in north Dallas, attended a highly ranked high school, and seemed on the surface to have many opportunities to provide a positive and successful life path. Instead, he jumped in his car and drove 10 hours to kill 22 people. The guy from Ohio seemed to have a history of hate and anger that plagued him during his formidable years. He had hit lists and even murdered his own sister in his rampage.

Whats lost in the agenda driven media era we live in is the fact that another 59 people were shot this weekend, 7 of them fatal, in Chicago. That brings the annual death toll in Chicago to almost 300 year to date. But for some reason, those lives don't seem to matter to those either already holding a political seat or those that are vying for a political run. Its not as appealing to count the 7 lives in Chicago, or really the 9 in Ohio compared to the 22 in El Paso. Its not hard to see why. Its just a damn shame that people think we are too stupid to see it.

Continue to pray for the lives of all that were lost and continue to be taken by senseless individuals, regardless of political beliefs or agendas.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-08-06 18:53:15 - I Hate Politics

tg300 (439)

Re: I Hate Politics

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Why in the wake of a tragedy do individuals immediately assign blame for the results of the mentally challenged? Why does the media fuel the fire to provide these unworthy opinions a primetime platform to promote this terrible and unsympathetic narrative while ignoring the equally terrible ongoing tragedy that continues to plague the nations third largest city?

I don't know if we will ever understand why the guy in Texas did what he did or why the guy in Ohio carried out a copycat massacre. The guy from Texas lived in a thriving town in north Dallas, attended a highly ranked high school, and seemed on the surface to have many opportunities to provide a positive and successful life path. Instead, he jumped in his car and drove 10 hours to kill 22 people. The guy from Ohio seemed to have a history of hate and anger that plagued him during his formidable years. He had hit lists and even murdered his own sister in his rampage.

Whats lost in the agenda driven media era we live in is the fact that another 59 people were shot this weekend, 7 of them fatal, in Chicago. That brings the annual death toll in Chicago to almost 300 year to date. But for some reason, those lives don't seem to matter to those either already holding a political seat or those that are vying for a political run. Its not as appealing to count the 7 lives in Chicago, or really the 9 in Ohio compared to the 22 in El Paso. Its not hard to see why. Its just a damn shame that people think we are too stupid to see it.

Continue to pray for the lives of all that were lost and continue to be taken by senseless individuals, regardless of political beliefs or agendas.

Saw today the El Paso terrorist only ended up at that location because he got lost and stopped there because he was hungry.

And the killings in Dem strongholds don't matter.  They don't fit the narrative.

#3 2019-08-06 19:49:02 - I Hate Politics

AndreWhere (1252)

I don't want to sound like a wackjob, but I think the superficial narratives seldom do a good job of explaining these incidents. Person of age X race X and political registration X uses weapon X to kill X people... let's ban X and shun X people who think X!

There is no easy answer like that to these problems. Fewer guns, more guns. encouraging people to report their neighbors, medicating people, getting people off medications, throwing people in prison, letting people out... any of it would have as many unintended consequences as intended ones.

Doesn't mean we have to give up, but it wouldn't hurt a lot of people to shut up, if only for a while.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2019-08-07 06:10:53 - I Hate Politics

tg300 (439)

AndreWhere wrote:

but it wouldn't hurt a lot of people to shut up, if only for a while.

Robert Francis O'Rourke, a fine young Irishman, takes offense at your suggestion.

#5 2019-08-07 08:39:37 - I Hate Politics

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

tg300 wrote:

Saw today the El Paso terrorist only ended up at that location because he got lost and stopped there because he was hungry.

And the killings in Dem strongholds don't matter.  They don't fit the narrative.

Had not heard that......He couldn't have gone much further south than El Paso unless he was intending to hit a border checkpoint.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Board footer