CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-24 08:00:50 - To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

BoxingEagle (69)

To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!
On this week's episode, we discuss the Conference USA preseason rankings and look ahead to the 2019 schedule for the Golden Eagles #SMTTT

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/7 … 0445190500

SoundCloud:  https://soundcloud.com/tothetoptalk/tttt072419/s-FVVWt

#2 2019-07-24 13:57:02 - To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

Guys, good POD as usual. Couple of comments/notes.....

I always feel you guys hesitate when talking about specific coaches, current and past, when talking about a criticism. Nothing wrong with highlighting why its a breath of fresh air that Dawson isn't leading this offense. It can be done while still being respectful of the individual.

Conference realignment - Regardless if we go 14-0 the number of wins will not change our current standing or appeal for another conference. UCF beating Auburn and going undefeated didn't elevate them to the P5, Southern Miss going undefeated doesn't move us out of CUSA. Aresco made it clear they are not replacing UCONN so it doesn't make sense to keep talking about how its on us at this point to win as many games as possible to make that move a possibility.

Love the Vegas O/U comparisons when outlining our schedule.

Would have loved to hear you guys discuss Hops CUSA Media Game comments about two QB's playing this season.

How about throwing in one game each episode from a past season as a regular throwback segment......for example, remember when a Les Miles, Mike Gundy OK St squad coached at The Rock to open the season back in 2001? Just a thought......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#3 2019-07-24 17:23:44 - To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

BoxingEagle (69)

Thanks, NG- appreciate the feedback and I think everything you’ve said is fair

The main coach I wanted to name this week was SaJason Finley. I highly doubt he listens to the pod but I definitely didn’t want to give him any extra motivation. Also kind of want to move on but I totally understand what you mean.

I found the Vegas o/u totals to be fascinating as well. They definitely give you a gauge of what is expected from these teams this year.

I’ll definitely bring up the two QB comments on a future pod. I figured it would probably be discussed at media day as well.

Great idea! Might have to incorporate that into the show as well.

Thanks again for the feedback. We definitely appreciate it

#4 2019-08-10 19:01:28 - To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

AndreWhere (1252)

I do remember listening a few episodes ago, right after Dawson left, and getting the impression that he was not missed by the people putting this podcast together. Can't remember if it was said outright or just implied... probably mostly the latter.

Finley to Troy kind of surprises me. In that first season after Woodfin left, I remember thinking that conditioning had dropped off pretty dramatically.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#5 2019-08-10 19:16:35 - To The Top Talk 7/24/19- Let's Talk Southern Miss Football!

AndreWhere (1252)

If we're talking about recently dismissed football coaches, well, I was never comfortable with the resemblance evident seen below.

el1.jpg

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Board footer