CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-09-05 10:03:06 - Msu going to skull **** us!

BoxingEagle (69)

Re: Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

if 21 come from an offensive mental breakdown early, it's hardly inconceivable...

q1 will 'splain that tale of the tape....

I'm of the opinion they'll simply wear us down in a field position battle when req'd...

I hope I'm wrong....

Yeah 21 points on offensive mental breakdowns is just as much of a reach...

The odds are stacked against us but this defeatist mentality is a bit extreme and irrational

you're missing the point...the latest versions in experience point to such as plausible...

there's nothing defeatist in any relative capacity...all one has to do is look at the past two decades in performance (2-18)  against ANY s$c team....name the other one (KYjell0) is too easy...hint: pre-Saban and number 4 on this year's list....

this ain' the '80s pal...and I went to every dayum one of those flying b&g...

If the point you’re trying to make is that I’m not buying into hype based off a logo on the side of the helmet, yeah you’re right.

This isn’t the 80’s but it isn’t 2014 either. Hell, it’s isn’t even 2018 for either team.

There’s no “relative capacity” to judge from given the current staff, players and situation. Even the term SEC encompasses all of college football. Very rarely are we afforded the opportunity to take on the lower tier. And SEC encompasses all of college football...you might win the National Championship or you might lose to Maine or Jacksonville State.

The offense giving up 21 points early is a very minute possibility and overemphasizing that possibility is nothing more than a defeatist mentality.  Nothing realistic about it. Our team giving up 51 points and losing by 41 isn’t even on the map. That’s a defeatist mentality based off of buying into media overhype with an exaggerated knowledge of the team, staff or situation. Nothing credible about that take.

#22 2019-09-05 10:38:01 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

BoxingEagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:

Yeah 21 points on offensive mental breakdowns is just as much of a reach...

The odds are stacked against us but this defeatist mentality is a bit extreme and irrational

you're missing the point...the latest versions in experience point to such as plausible...

there's nothing defeatist in any relative capacity...all one has to do is look at the past two decades in performance (2-18)  against ANY s$c team....name the other one (KYjell0) is too easy...hint: pre-Saban and number 4 on this year's list....

If the point you’re trying to make is that I’m not buying into hype based off a logo on the side of the helmet, yeah you’re right.

This isn’t the 80’s but it isn’t 2014 either. Hell, it’s isn’t even 2018 for either team.

There’s no “relative capacity” to judge from given the current staff, players and situation. Even the term SEC encompasses all of college football. Very rarely are we afforded the opportunity to take on the lower tier. And SEC encompasses all of college football...you might win the National Championship or you might lose to Maine or Jacksonville State.

The offense giving up 21 points early is a very minute possibility and overemphasizing that possibility is nothing more than a defeatist mentality.  Nothing realistic about it. Our team giving up 51 points and losing by 41 isn’t even on the map. That’s a defeatist mentality based off of buying into media overhype with an exaggerated knowledge of the team, staff or situation. Nothing credible about that take.

I couldn't give two shites about a stupid helmet logo that means dick...we passed on taking advantage of branding long ago (thank you IA and your cornhole subsidized bs)

let me get this straight....game 1 and the past three seasons don't give me insight about our staff and how to portray our field presence....vegas (which is how the GP factors the math) gets it wrong all the time, yah?

realize the betting public is on our side relative to the initial number....if being a double digit dog gives ya warm tingles, so be it...

21 pts. in q1 wasn't close to the point either....that's for the game if/when we crap our pants....q1 will be  the result how team confidence is either there or not....our D can easily set the tone out of the gate...the 2nd half will show up in depth disparity...

regardless of semantics, I stand by 38-2....

as a fan, I can only hope this becomes bbs fodder in the locker room....some form of 'Monk-speak' needs to be realized...

hop-a-long can only 420 his passive/aggressive bs so long....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-09-05 10:41:37)

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#23 2019-09-05 10:59:00 - Msu going to skull **** us!

Black Diamond Reb (418)

stinkfist wrote:

As a fan, I can only hope

Always room for If and Maybe

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#24 2019-09-05 11:11:20 - Msu going to skull **** us!

TheChosenOne (295)

Southern Miss pulls the upset.....

I’m calling it but damn sure not putting money on it

#25 2019-09-05 11:16:25 - Msu going to skull **** us!

TheChosenOne (295)

noun
noun: if; plural noun: ifs
a condition or supposition.
"there are so many ifs and buts in the policy"
synonyms:    uncertainty, doubt, lack of certainty, hesitation, vagueness; More
condition, stipulation, provision, proviso, constraint, prerequisite, precondition, requirement, specification, restriction, supposition, modification
"there is of course one if in all this"

#26 2019-09-05 11:34:55 - Msu going to skull **** us!

BoxingEagle (69)

stinkfist wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

I couldn't give two shites about a stupid helmet logo that means dick...we passed on taking advantage of branding long ago (thank you IA and your cornhole subsidized bs)

let me get this straight....game 1 and the past three seasons don't give me insight about our staff and how to portray our field presence....vegas (which is how the GP factors the math) gets it wrong all the time, yah?

realize the betting public is on our side relative to the initial number....if being a double digit dog gives ya warm tingles, so be it...

21 pts. in q1 wasn't close to the point either....that's for the game if/when we crap our pants....q1 will be  the result how team confidence is either there or not....our D can easily set the tone out of the gate...the 2nd half will show up in depth disparity...

as a fan, I can only hope this becomes bbs fodder in the locker room....some form of 'Monk-speak' needs to be realized...

If you expect this team to be handled like we’ve been handled by certain SEC teams in the past- yeah you are buying into the hype based on the logo on the side of the helmet rather than who is actually stepping into the field. This is not the same MSU team that was on the forked last year. This won’t even be the same team stepping on the field from last week. This isn’t Alabama.

So if you’ve watched game 1 and the past three season, yeah you have a right to your opinion...but if you think the offense giving up 21 points early in the game is anything less than a minute possibility you are out of your mind. If 21 wasn’t the point, you sure were quick to thump your chest about it and make it your point.

Never said a word about Vegas. All I said was if you think the offense is giving up 21  or if you think we are losing by 41 you clearly have a defeatist mentality and are trying too hard. The line is now 17. Never was discussed.

If you think we lose, you certainly have ammo to back up that opinion. My point was that certain things in this thread were exaggerated to the point where they were laughable.

#27 2019-09-05 12:27:29 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

BoxingEagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:

If you expect this team to be handled like we’ve been handled by certain SEC teams in the past- yeah you are buying into the hype based on the logo on the side of the helmet rather than who is actually stepping into the field. This is not the same MSU team that was on the forked last year. This won’t even be the same team stepping on the field from last week. This isn’t Alabama.

So if you’ve watched game 1 and the past three season, yeah you have a right to your opinion...but if you think the offense giving up 21 points early in the game is anything less than a minute possibility you are out of your mind. If 21 wasn’t the point, you sure were quick to thump your chest about it and make it your point.

Never said a word about Vegas. All I said was if you think the offense is giving up 21  or if you think we are losing by 41 you clearly have a defeatist mentality and are trying too hard. The line is now 17. Never was discussed.

If you think we lose, you certainly have ammo to back up that opinion. My point was that certain things in this thread were exaggerated to the point where they were laughable.

golly....I struck a chord once again...about time you began to 'shine'...

how you don't understand the (lack of) offense can lead to getting skull drug is past my point of patience...it doesn't have to involve pick sixes to play out over 4q's...

it's pretty simple to understand 5 fucking yards of rushing late in q3 vs. a swac team is a major fucking problem...

maybe moo-who overlooks us and we lose by 3 late...will that satiate ze appetite of sunshine pimpin'???

they're going to swarm our backfield in every way possible early and often.....if you think we can overcome that, then again, so be it...

the overall point is how we either get exposed or expose....I'm betting on the former...

we either stay competitive based on our D/ST skill set, or get hammered if they expose chicanery and discipline....

if you think I'm pulling for us to lose, you'd be wrong....I simply call it as I see it....

#28 2019-09-05 12:38:01 - Msu going to skull **** us!

Ace Barker (260)
Website

"Oui" will win or "oui" will lose. Either way I am looking forward to the trip as of all of the stadiums I have visited, I have never been to Davis-Wade.

USM 1 MSU 0

Ace...

Liked by:

#29 2019-09-05 12:48:50 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

As a fan, I can only hope

Always room for If and Maybe

fUl3qSF.gif?noredirect

#30 2019-09-05 12:51:24 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

TheChosenOne wrote:

noun
noun: if; plural noun: ifs
a condition or supposition.
"there are so many ifs and buts in the policy"
synonyms:    uncertainty, doubt, lack of certainty, hesitation, vagueness; More
condition, stipulation, provision, proviso, constraint, prerequisite, precondition, requirement, specification, restriction, supposition, modification
"there is of course one if in all this"

oui monsieur.... wink

#31 2019-09-05 13:00:09 - Msu going to skull **** us!

SoMs Eagle (189)

We’re back!
A full page ‘discussion’. Hot damn!

Liked by:

#32 2019-09-05 13:50:04 - Msu going to skull **** us!

Mao Tse-gore (412)

BoxingEagle wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
BoxingEagle wrote:

ac9cc43b8a2626f8f4803e669296e7dd183b49a7_hq.jpg

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

#33 2019-09-05 14:15:53 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

We’re back!

it's a dayum shame a dawg fan hasn't barked yet...at least we always have winn-dixie beers and bdr for backup...

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-09-05 14:16:48)

#34 2019-09-05 18:26:31 - Msu going to skull **** us!

SoMs Eagle (189)

stinkfist wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

We’re back!

it's a dayum shame a dawg fan hasn't barked yet...at least we always have winn-dixie beers and bdr for backup...

Just because their kind don’t let them play in the sand box.....

One will be a little wounded after Saturday. The other will be hung over on a 12 pack of PBR he didn’t own....

Liked by:

#35 2019-09-07 15:15:28 - Msu going to skull **** us!

stinkfist (764)

stinkfist wrote:
99beers wrote:

O line still sux
No running game
Brain dead hc
Way inferior talent

State can rush 3 and still put a ton of pressure resulting in numerous int’s and rushed incompletions

52-10 Dogs

Definition of insanity:  doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

but we opened at +18.5 and the nation realized daddy was the honorary winn dixie DC  looking for a 17 pack now...

regardless, I agree......we get curbed stomped 38-2

bump...

#36 2019-09-08 11:24:06 - Msu going to skull **** us!

Black Diamond Reb (418)

TheChosenOne wrote:

Southern Miss pulls the upset

tenor.gif?itemid=5198641

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#37 2019-09-08 13:25:28 - Msu going to skull **** us!

AndreWhere (1252)

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Southern Miss pulls the upset

tenor.gif?itemid=5198641

I'm beginning to suspect that you consider the problems with USM sports to be systemic in nature, and maybe even impossible to overcome. Sure hope you're wrong!

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#38 2019-09-10 06:59:11 - Msu going to skull **** us!

Mao Tse-gore (412)

AndreWhere wrote:

I'm beginning to suspect that you consider the problems with USM sports to be systemic in nature, and maybe even impossible to overcome. Sure hope you're wrong!

DkQuWfIUcAAD_Dj.jpg

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

Board footer