CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#81 2019-09-23 10:47:58 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

SoMs Eagle (189)

Re: Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

B&GBU wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Oooo...yeahhhh, ummm...I'm gonna have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you there.

I guess you didn’t watch the game huh?
Instead of just disagreeing give me a cogent reason for being wrong about anything I said. Bet you can’t.....

1. Healthy dose of reality - that we are a third rate program.
2. And should we ever again aspire, it is indicative of the gap that must be narrowed/work that must be done.
3. Great opportunity to use a Bill Lumbergh quote.

The leadership wants to acquiesce in a fart bubble and grow the topper population. This is their punch in the face!

I can aspire to be as great as Tiger Woods. That is within my will to do so. Is it realistic? No way.
What I’m trying to tell you is we can try as long as there is a program but we will never again be competitive with the Alabama’s or even the Ms States any longer. We should aspire to be the best in this pond we swim in. That is realistic. If it turns out that Hop doesn’t get it done this year we may need to take a look at Hop. Maybe he’s not the guy but getting trounced by State and Alabama should not be the measuring stick.

#82 2019-09-23 11:05:31 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

SoMs Eagle wrote:
B&GBU wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

I guess you didn’t watch the game huh?
Instead of just disagreeing give me a cogent reason for being wrong about anything I said. Bet you can’t.....

2. And should we ever again aspire, it is indicative of the gap that must be narrowed/work that must be done.

The leadership wants to acquiesce in a fart bubble and grow the topper population. This is their punch in the face!

I can aspire to be as great as Tiger Woods. That is within my will to do so. Is it realistic? No way.
What I’m trying to tell you is we can try as long as there is a program but we will never again be competitive with the Alabama’s or even the Ms States any longer. We should aspire to be the best in this pond we swim in. That is realistic. If it turns out that Hop doesn’t get it done this year we may need to take a look at Hop. Maybe he’s not the guy but getting trounced by State and Alabama should not be the measuring stick.

Same attitude that has us in this situation.

UCF certainly doesn’t agree with with. They too have major competition in the state of Florida for recruits. Like almost every college in America

#83 2019-09-23 12:11:22 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

AndreWhere (1252)

I don't see this asked a lot, but didn't USM have more leeway re. partial qualifiers and whatnot before CUSA?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#84 2019-09-23 12:19:34 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

SoMs Eagle (189)

TheChosenOne wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

UCF certainly doesn’t agree with with. They too have major competition in the state of Florida for recruits. Like almost every college in America

Why are our fans so stupid? Do you not realize UCF has 55,000 students, a med school and charges each of those students an athletics fee in their tuition.
Try another comparison. Knuckleheads reign supreme on this board.....

#85 2019-09-23 12:21:54 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

skyvoyager (177)

AndreWhere wrote:

I don't see this asked a lot, but didn't USM have more leeway re. partial qualifiers and whatnot before CUSA?

nope that was a rumor started by satan himself, jackie wayne sherrill

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#86 2019-09-23 12:33:16 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Nobody in the G5 can compete with this Alabama or Clemson team.....nobody. Even our 99 team would have still lost by 21+ points easily to todays Bama squad. Times and the game have changed since we beat a legit Bama team or FSU team back in the 80's. Only way you can beat them in todays game is by catching them and their program in turmoil, like we did at Nebraska....or Troy at LSU....or Troy at Nebraska....etc. I would be more upset at losing at home to Kentucky or that pathetic loss to Tennessee two years ago honestly. Those are the ones we should be winning.

When is the last time a G5 school beat a true P5 power that was a real surprise? Boise dismantling UGA in 2011 might be it and that UGA team was barely top 20. If you are going to reference UCF over Auburn thats fine, but keep this in mind if you do.....The LAST PLACE Auburn wanted to be was in Atlanta again......They barely lost to #3 Clemson. They beat #1 Alabama and have the inside track to the playoff/natty if they beat UGA.....a team they beat by 23 a few weeks earlier. They not only lost to UGA in Atlanta, they get crushed. So if you think Auburn was "that Auburn" playing UCF back in Atlanta in the Peach Bowl you are mistaken....a good UCF team caught them when they were down. I would put the 2007 South Florida team ahead of that 2017 UCF squad. At least they beat Auburn at Auburn and a top 5 West Virginia team that season.

Look at Boise today. #16 in the nation. Why? They beat FSU on the road.....and they had to comeback in dramatic fashion to do it. Well, ULM took that same FSU team to OT a week later. I guess ULM is a top 30 program ......Boise isn't top 16 in the country. I promise they will slip up before the season is done. Bama would beat Boise by 25 points, minimum today. Thats the reality.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#87 2019-09-23 13:11:52 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

AndreWhere (1252)

skyvoyager wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

So does CUSA allow partial qualifiers?

Or did USM just never actually use partial qualifiers?

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#88 2019-09-23 13:56:31 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Hey man like I watched it and we pretty much looked one competent secondary short of being competitive. Don't need 55k students and a med school to improve that stoogery.

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

#89 2019-09-23 14:04:09 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

skyvoyager (177)

AndreWhere wrote:
skyvoyager wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

So does CUSA allow partial qualifiers?

Or did USM just never actually use partial qualifiers?

It was my understanding that southern miss had a self-imposed limit of 2 partial qualifiers which was the SEC rule.

Saban, at LSU at the time, was on his radio show whining about southern having more partial qualifiers than SEC schools... ( Pat Dye still incorrectly  complains about it to this day on Finebaum )  Somehow Bower was able to call into Saban show and set the record straight.... on Saban's radio show!

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#90 2019-09-23 15:22:13 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

Tanya (155)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Hey man like I watched it and we pretty much looked one competent secondary short of being competitive. Don't need 55k students and a med school to improve that stoogery.

I truly hope UTEP doesn’t have a med school. Our poor coaches might not even build up the courage to install a game plan if so.

Liked by:

#91 2019-09-23 15:40:53 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

SoMs Eagle wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

Why are our fans so stupid? Do you not realize UCF has 55,000 students, a med school and charges each of those students an athletics fee in their tuition.

Agreed, why are SOME so stupid. Very few believe we could win that game but come on man.  Bama could have scored 100 had Saban not called the dogs off.  The loss isn’t what many are complaining about. It’s the complete beat down observed.

Interesting argument regarding UCF. didn’t UCF have similar  number of students, medical school etc during its CUSA days!!  What was our record against those 55,000 medical students, knucklehead ??!

#92 2019-09-23 15:48:21 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

TheChosenOne wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Agreed, why are SOME so stupid. Very few believe we could win that game but come on man.  Bama could have scored 100 had Saban not called the dogs off.  The loss isn’t what many are complaining about. It’s the complete beat down observed.

Interesting argument regarding UCF. didn’t UCF have similar  number of students, medical school etc during its CUSA days!!  What was our record against those 55,000 medical students, knucklehead ??!

Lemme help you out, knucklehead.

Southern Miss has played UCF 8 times holding a 6-2 record against the mighty medical faculty. More example are readily available upon request.

#93 2019-09-23 16:31:42 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

SoMs Eagle (189)

You idiots dig the hole deeper with every post. If you don’t think money buys nice things you are simply hopeless. We don’t have a medical school. Therefore we don’t have surgeons populating our Eagle Club. We don’t have 55,000 students paying god knows what for football with student loans when they wouldn’t know which side of the ball to hold.
We don’t have an indoor practice field or any plans for one. We don’t even get any respect in this BS conference because our brilliant leadership cut our throat even before the idiots hired an old creep for a coach. Now you sit around and complain about the game experience, concessions, bathrooms and general condition of MM Roberts while thinking the next Nick Saban is dying to come here for $150,000. Not to mention you think all the young 4stars are dying to come here with no history since they were born.  I swear I think all of you young knuckleheads live in a video game. You better wise up or life will bite you in the azs.....

#94 2019-09-23 17:41:26 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

B&GBU (259)

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

Yeah, what the hell is up with our secondary!

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#95 2019-09-23 18:06:14 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

SoMs Eagle wrote:

You idiots dig the hole deeper with every post. If you don’t think money buys nice things you are simply hopeless. We don’t have a medical school. Therefore we don’t have surgeons populating our Eagle Club. We don’t have 55,000 students paying god knows what for football with student loans when they wouldn’t know which side of the ball to hold.
We don’t have an indoor practice field or any plans for one. We don’t even get any respect in this BS conference because our brilliant leadership cut our throat even before the idiots hired an old creep for a coach. Now you sit around and complain about the game experience, concessions, bathrooms and general condition of MM Roberts while thinking the next Nick Saban is dying to come here for $150,000. Not to mention you think all the young 4stars are dying to come here with no history since they were born.  I swear I think all of you young knuckleheads live in a video game. You better wise up or life will bite you in the azs.....

Gawd you’re a special stupid. Where in the hell did anyone say money doesn’t help??  Specify Pleaseeee

It’s about being competitive. Get that into your thick skull, knucklehead

I’m still a kid playing video games?  Much like your other opinions, WRONG. and if’n I was young could figure out how to insert a Trump ‘Wrong’ meme emoji or whatever the hell its called

#96 2019-09-23 18:09:27 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

TheChosenOne wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

Lemme help you out, knucklehead.

Southern Miss has played UCF 8 times holding a 6-2 record against the mighty medical faculty. More example are readily available upon request.

Btw Knucklehead, still waiting your response directly relating to the question

#97 2019-09-23 19:12:03 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

stinkfist (764)

hfs.....this thread done got 'nancy'd'....

I'm glad I went fishing....

2yDbLfo.jpg

'

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#98 2019-09-23 19:20:43 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

TheChosenOne (295)

Gotta have funzies where can be found, Stink

How the heck you sober enough to actually focus picture ?

Liked by:

#99 2019-09-23 19:52:46 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

stinkfist (764)

TheChosenOne wrote:

Gotta have funzies where can be found, Stink

How the heck you sober enough to actually focus picture ?

pure unadulterated luck and that crazy tech....

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

Liked by:

#100 2019-09-23 19:57:28 - Southern Miss v Bama Game Thread

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

They have bigger fish near UCF campus.......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

Board footer