CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-21 20:13:53 - To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

BoxingEagle (69)

To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

On this week's episode of To The Top Talk presented by 4th Street Bar- we recap this past week's game against Louisiana Tech and preview the Golden Eagles' upcoming matchup against the Rice Owls. #SMTTT

iTunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/1 … 0454393094

SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/tothetoptalk/tttt102119

#2 2019-10-22 09:22:56 - To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Re: To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

I love these podcasts for the Southern Miss fan base....they personally get me through my daughters gymnastic practices each week which can be a beating at times.......

I get the positive spin on where we are and the projecting of what we need to happen to us and our divisional opponents over the next several weeks to still win the west, but......... when do you get tired of looking into the future of who La Tech can lose to, who UAB could lose to, etc......We literally just lost another season of controlling our own fate in a the lowest rated conference to a team that barely got by Rice and Grambling. Guess how many teams with a winning record La Tech beat going into Saturday? ZERO. Its no longer on us alone to win the division. Thats an important fact that seems to be lost in this episode.

Promise me you will do a "true to heart podcast" once we lose one more CUSA game. If you are going down to Biloxi to bet on the Rice game this week let me ask you this.......would you place a bet that USM loses a second or third conference game this season or runs the table? If you would put your money on losing another game then lets hear that side as well to make this a more balanced discussion.

We all want this program to get back to championships and the first step needs to look at where we are and to address it so we can figure out how to not hope for other teams to lose in the future.

TTT

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#3 2019-10-22 10:06:13 - To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

The first step is to not hope.

No need for the next eleven Chief

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#4 2019-10-29 18:45:53 - To The Top Talk 10/21/19- USM vs LT Recap, Rice Preview

BoxingEagle (69)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I love these podcasts for the Southern Miss fan base....they personally get me through my daughters gymnastic practices each week which can be a beating at times.......

I get the positive spin on where we are and the projecting of what we need to happen to us and our divisional opponents over the next several weeks to still win the west, but......... when do you get tired of looking into the future of who La Tech can lose to, who UAB could lose to, etc......We literally just lost another season of controlling our own fate in a the lowest rated conference to a team that barely got by Rice and Grambling. Guess how many teams with a winning record La Tech beat going into Saturday? ZERO. Its no longer on us alone to win the division. Thats an important fact that seems to be lost in this episode.

Promise me you will do a "true to heart podcast" once we lose one more CUSA game. If you are going down to Biloxi to bet on the Rice game this week let me ask you this.......would you place a bet that USM loses a second or third conference game this season or runs the table? If you would put your money on losing another game then lets hear that side as well to make this a more balanced discussion.

We all want this program to get back to championships and the first step needs to look at where we are and to address it so we can figure out how to not hope for other teams to lose in the future.

TTT

When it feels like it is warranted, it will happen.  We said before the season that 8-4 was the floor and anything less than that would be a disappointment.  Although we've had ups and downs, we are still very much in the mix.  There have been disappointments but not enough to throw in the towel, IMO.  Still a lot of football left to be played

I don't know what I'd bet on as far as the rest of the season goes given the constant changes in circumstances in regards to injuries for the respective teams.

Board footer