CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2019-11-26 08:42:02 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

B&GBU (259)

Re: You can’t make this stuff up.......

Hop's got a few more years if he wants them. Ain't got a full complement of scholarship players yet. I think that is huge. Doubt we have the wherewithal or the will to make a bold hire anymore. Not sure ripping through this conference would improve attendance greatly. All we can aspire to at this point is to gain gradual traction under Hop and remain D1, and spoil the east for FAU.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

#22 2019-11-26 10:58:57 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Believe it or not a D1 FBS level football program is a necessary evil for a major university. Even if we don’t draw at home making 3 million as the visitor plus the shared pot of 6 or 7 bowl games does a lot not to mention the “free” marketing reach we get when playing in front of millions on tv against SEC or P5 programs. When you are leaving more cash on the table by not capitalizing on revenue in your own backyard that’s when the AD and President make a change. The full compliment of scholarships won’t change the skill set or results from the staff. You can easily argue we have some of the best talent we have seen in years on this team and potentially going 7-6 with less than 15K in the stands doesn’t help anyone out with maximizing revenue.

A university is a business that has very few multi million dollar annual revenue streams and you can’t risk it by continuing to ignore it.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#23 2019-11-26 11:21:56 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere (1252)

I really fail to see what's changed so dramatically since 2011 to justify the decline in coaching quality. I don't buy it.

What we're seeing now is some brother-in-law shit and I'm glad people are staying away. I hope Hop gets the doors and the Jesus fish blown off his Ford Taurus down in Boca Raton, and ends up selling Farm Bureau out of a metal building.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#24 2019-11-26 11:24:30 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

skyvoyager (177)

B&GBU wrote:

Hop's got a few more years if he wants them. Ain't got a full complement of scholarship players yet. I think that is huge.

seriously, when was the last time we had a full complement of scholarship of players?

when fedora came on board, we were somewhere around 73-74 scholarship players.... not sure if we ever got up to 85 during the fedora years... we know e12loss gutted the program... monk did sign some jucos but then when they graduated, we were back down again.

how many scholarships do we have now?

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#25 2019-11-26 11:34:59 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

skyvoyager (177)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Football is a business first and foremost. This cannot be debated. It literally is all about money, far and above who is “one of us” and what some 65 year old Bower supporter has to say just so he can feel important.

Jeremy doesn’t have a choice based on yesterday. He doesn’t have to justify any decision to Lamont. All he has to do is go by Fedex Office and pottery barn. He needs Fedex Office to printout a high resolution print and use his 40% off pottery barn frame that comes with free shipping and show Lamont this nicely framed picture...
1F000D78-503E-43A1-BF6E-9D23945CD396.jpeg

NCAA Football 2019 Attendance, Week 13: Lowest FBS and FCS Attendance of the Year
25 Nov, 2019  in College Football by Chris Ford

Week 13 saw average attendance stay flat at 22,542 from 22,203 across all of Division I, the level where it had been for the few weeks prior to last week. This week we had three games under 1,000 fans, including one barely above 500. Let’s take a look at how everyone else fared, shall we?

Worst overall Division I attendance: 527 – Delaware State vs St. Francis (PA). After drawing only 827 the previous week, Delaware State upped the ante and kicked 300 folks out, or perhaps they just lost their interest. The Hornets lots this one by a score of 35-21 to go to 2-8. Your second half kickoff action shot:

Worst overall FBS attendance: 5,062 – Northern Illinois vs Eastern Michigan.  Another week, another MAC team at the bottom. This time, it was the lowest attended FBS game of the year with only a hair over 5,000 in attendance on Tuesday Night. The Huskies proceeded to then get stomped by the Eagles, 45-17, and not a whole lot made it to the end:

https://www.allmysportsteamssuck.com/20 … -the-year/

Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

#26 2019-11-26 11:56:48 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Tanya (155)

skyvoyager wrote:

how many scholarships do we have now?

Apparently too many to offer a full 25 to the upcoming class and simultaneously too few to actually hold Hopson accountable.

#27 2019-11-26 12:31:55 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere (1252)

“If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.”  Southern Miss (2015) would win that tie-breaker ahead of Louisiana Tech (2016) and UAB (2018).“

1eem0y.jpg

They had to retract that. TTT Talk podcast talks about it. Still need either a LA Tech loss or a lot of luck to get a CCG berth.

#28 2019-11-26 12:44:03 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Lloydlake (139)

I do give Hop credit for one thing: He tried to hire Briles.
He attempted to do something, even though it turned out badly. Who knows what, if any difference that would have made.

#29 2019-11-26 17:22:32 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

If Briles was coaching this offense Jack wouldn’t be the QB, Quez would not have been suspended the first two games, our passing numbers would have doubled the running game production we currently have and the pace of our offense would have opened up another 10 points per game minimum.......which would have in turn lessened the load on our defense.

But that’s in the past.....

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2019-11-26 17:23:50)

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#30 2019-11-26 17:28:27 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere wrote:

“If still tied, the representative will be the team that has not participated in the championship game most recently.”  Southern Miss (2015) would win that tie-breaker ahead of Louisiana Tech (2016) and UAB (2018).“

1eem0y.jpg

They had to retract that. TTT Talk podcast talks about it. Still need either a LA Tech loss or a lot of luck to get a CCG berth.

I saw that. If someone at Southern Miss is really upset that they took away the 3 loss tiebreaker scenario they need to get some professional help. The day I feel cheated that USM got screwed from winning the division after 3 loses in CUSA is the day I officially adopt Kennesaw St of the FCS as my college team not because I took a few summer classes there but because they have the same colors as my USM gear and both have winged mascots......

Liked by:

#31 2019-11-26 18:00:48 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Tanya (155)

AndreWhere wrote:

1eem0y.jpg

I saw that. If someone at Southern Miss is really upset that they took away the 3 loss tiebreaker scenario they need to get some professional help. The day I feel cheated that USM got screwed from winning the division after 3 loses in CUSA is the day I officially adopt Kennesaw St of the FCS as my college team not because I took a few summer classes there but because they have the same colors as my USM gear and both have winged mascots......

The people that are outraged over this are just looking for someone to blame other than their chosen coach for life. They know we suck and blaming Judy is easier than admitting we have a bad head coach.

Last edited by Tanya (2019-11-26 20:24:25)

#32 2019-11-26 18:10:50 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

EagleFWB (176)

I don't think the issue is that they changed it. I think the issue is that they changed it on the last week of the season, during a three way shootout in the west. I mean, how do they do that? Did the school presidents & ADs have any input?

I'm so tired and worn down with damn near everything associated with this school I love. Can't we just have something nice for a change.

#33 2019-11-26 19:12:13 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Lloydlake (139)

FWIW, checking the Marshall & LaTech message boards, they are all screaming for new coach's as well.
Guess we all share the champagne appetite/beer budget syndrome.

#34 2019-11-26 19:16:10 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere (1252)

EagleFWB wrote:

I don't think the issue is that they changed it. I think the issue is that they changed it on the last week of the season, during a three way shootout in the west. I mean, how do they do that? Did the school presidents & ADs have any input?

I'm so tired and worn down with damn near everything associated with this school I love. Can't we just have something nice for a change.

I don't think they changed it. Some knucklehead at the league office misread the rule.

If you look at my first post in this thread I already knew enough to take a completely different approach to the problem from the one that knucklehead took. You don't try to break the tie all at once by looking at all the rules in order. You apply them in order until a team is eliminated. Then you start over.

The likelihood of ever getting to that "last team to appear in the CCG" rule is infinitesimally small.

Liked by:

#35 2019-11-27 11:13:49 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

Jeremy clarified that they had a call with the AD’s on Monday and voted to change it. I could be wrong but my guess is that even though we are 3 percentage points behind La Tech in the computer average I would imagine beating FAU would push us past La Tech since they are well ahead of all CUSA teams in the current computer rankings. La Tech is playing the #125 ranked Alamos and won’t do anything but drop them further.

It’s a moo point......

Last edited by Nugget's Ghostbuster (2019-11-27 11:14:27)

#36 2019-11-27 11:24:43 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere (1252)

Jeremy clarified that they had a call with the AD’s on Monday and voted to change it. I could be wrong but my guess is that even though we are 3 percentage points behind La Tech in the computer average I would imagine beating FAU would push us past La Tech since they are well ahead of all CUSA teams in the current computer rankings. La Tech is playing the #125 ranked Alamos and won’t do anything but drop them further.

It’s a moo point......

Could be. Shouldn't really matter who last hosted or made an appearance.

That said, I think that deleted tweet that said USM controlled it's own fate was just wrong. Weekend crew crap.

#37 2019-11-27 14:32:55 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

skyvoyager (177)

AndreWhere wrote:

It’s a moo point......

Could be. Shouldn't really matter who last hosted or made an appearance.

That said, I think that deleted tweet that said USM controlled it's own fate was just wrong. Weekend crew crap.

not that any ding dong at the conference would have known it but since la tech lost we did sorttt of contttrol our own fattte until we wettt the bed attt home againsttt wku in fronttt of 12K

Last edited by skyvoyager (2019-11-27 14:53:47)

#38 2019-11-27 15:15:32 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

AndreWhere (1252)

Yes, USM absolutely had control over everything had they just beaten WKU. That is true.

#39 2019-11-27 16:22:31 - You can’t make this stuff up.......

B&GBU (259)

AndreWhere wrote:

Yes, USM absolutely had control over everything had they just beaten WKU. That is true.

Which made it a TTT lock. Wouldn't have mattered if it were UTEP. We were going down.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice. There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia." Frank Zappa

My weakness is nostalgia.

"Did you ever consider that the next level would be a lower one?"

Liked by:

Board footer