CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-19 14:18:58 - Ross Perot

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Ross Perot

I knew very little about this man outside of his failed attempts for the White House. His company, EDS, was one of my customer targets back about 15 years ago so outside of going to their massive campus and seeing his giant picture in the lobby that was about my only knowledge of him. This story, written by former Gov. Rick Perry, is well worth the read, regardless of political beliefs. This was an incredible human being that we recently lost. Makes you want to be a better person after hearing this story......

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm … tell-story

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#2 2019-07-20 10:22:30 - Ross Perot

AndreWhere (1252)

Re: Ross Perot

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I knew very little about this man outside of his failed attempts for the White House. His company, EDS, was one of my customer targets back about 15 years ago so outside of going to their massive campus and seeing his giant picture in the lobby that was about my only knowledge of him. This story, written by former Gov. Rick Perry, is well worth the read, regardless of political beliefs. This was an incredible human being that we recently lost. Makes you want to be a better person after hearing this story......

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/comm … tell-story

People were pissed when he vacillated on his Presidential run. After seeing the way the powers-that-be have gone after Trump, you can't really blame him. I remember in 2016 when George H.W. Bush (a former CIA head) made a throat-slitting gesture at him. Takes some pretty big balls to carry on after that, and that's just the threat we know about.

Anyway, Rick Perry seems like a bit of a dull blade at times, but I look forward to reading this.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#3 2019-07-20 10:34:41 - Ross Perot

AndreWhere (1252)

Wow, what a guy. Seems like a shame that he got shoved off the Presidential stage.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2019-07-20 16:27:35 - Ross Perot

AndreWhere wrote:

Wow, what a guy. Seems like a shame that he got shoved off the Presidential stage.

He did all of those things behind the scenes for a wounded vet and that guy made the most of the opportunity. He had an impressive level of respect for those that served our country.

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#5 2020-01-17 21:11:35 - Ross Perot

USMstang (303)

My first time to vote was in the re-election of the great Ronald Reagan in 84.  I then voted for Grampy Bush in 88 only to find him a liar when he said and campaigned so hard on the slogan of "Read My Lips, No New Taxes".  It didn't take long for him to fold in what he called a compromise with the same tax happy democrats that Reagan owned for 8 years.  Furthermore, Bush gutted the military, tanked the economy and found a way, after forming a great coalition of armed forces to boot Sadam out of Kuwait, to lose the election to a draft dodger.  That election found me living in Mobile as a young married father of one with an $8/hr job.  It also found me really pissed at GHW Bush and completely intrigued by H Ross Perot.

For the only time in my life, I became a card-carrying member of a "political party".  I still have my membership card for United We Stand America and I'm damn proud of it.  Because the media and the political parties did everything in their power to block Perot from having a seat at the dance, he had to buy 30 minute blocks of air time on national TV to air his version of a commercial.  They were very informative learning opportunities for sure as he would break out pie charts of government expenditures and point out all the pork-barrel wastes.  He gained immediate popularity among the common folks and rocketed up in the polls.  He was not polished in the debates that were clearly set up by the media in cahoots with the parties but he still gained more ground.  Suddenly, he bowed out of the election amid serious, credible threats to his family.  I don't recall all of the details but his daughter was targeted.  After a couple weeks or so, he rejoined the campaign but according to plan, the media quickly labeled him a "nut" and "whacko". 

It was a shame what they did to him but like Trump, he did what he did for his country.  Perot and Trump are not the target, we the people are, they are merely in the way of that goal.  Sadly, I don't know who exists to take over for Trump when he is done in 5 years.  It is certainly not Pence.  He is the puppet of the Global Establishment that Trump had to take for the Republicans not to disavow him.  Pence is simply GHW Bush, waiting to undo all of the Great that Trump will leave us with.

May God help us now and when Trump leaves.  The grip that the Big Club has on everything in our daily lives is far more than our Founders ever thought possible and they were some smart SOBs.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#6 2020-01-18 17:45:06 - Ross Perot

Great story, Stang. Everyone, I mean everyone knows 99% of politicians don’t work for the people. Self interest is evident even when you impeach a President with your own bullet shaped, name engraved pens used to authorize a document.

Trump is only concerned with two things and two things only in the following order:

1) Donald Trump and his legacy
2) Making a fool of the establishment by simply applying and executing a business plan to improve international trade and US goods and services domestically and abroad.

The wall and space force are just there for middle america votes......

Board footer