CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-09-15 20:23:18 - "Coach Paulie G"

admin (289)
Administrator

"Coach Paulie G"

Has anyone else listened to this person's content on Twitter? Apparently he was a USM assistant coach until very recently and now he is trying to post some kind of exposé about USM athletics.

I watched his first two videos and I just don't think there's any real material there. If Walden fired this guy on day one then I think Walden made a good decision.

I am 100% willing to listen to anyone who claims to have insight into the incompetence of the USM administration but this person is only offering weakness and innuendo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/coachpaulieg

#2 2020-09-15 21:55:44 - "Coach Paulie G"

USMstang (303)

Re: "Coach Paulie G"

He's been our recruiting coordinator for the past 3+ years.  He has worked at Bama, Miami, Tennessee, and more prior to here.  He looks to have washed out prior to Hop hiring him.  I think there's something there with his claims but he's so Italian and Yankee at that, that he comes off badly.  All he has to do is dress well, like he usually does, and stop making vids in his car and folks would find him more believable.

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

#3 2020-09-16 06:53:06 - "Coach Paulie G"

AndreWhere (1252)

I'm a little amazed that I've watched > 30 minutes of this guy's videos, and he's made just one claim of fact: that a player on scholarship was "homeless for 5 days."

Trying to connect the dots, it sounds like that player was panicked by the virus and wanted some sort of special, isolated living arrangement. When he didn't get that, he left campus and was basically floating around somewhere. To further engage in rampant speculation, it seems like Walden and Paulie didn't see eye-to-eye about what unfolded with this player, things came to a head, and the end result was Paulie's unemployment.

"If" that's what happened, I'm with Walden. It is not the role of a leader to fan the fires of panic and paranoia. You're worried about a virus? Fine, viruses are nasty. But when someone in your charge comes to you with such fears, a leader does not inflate them into a "crusade" (Paulie's chosen word). He tries to keep the focus on business as usual.

The other thing Paulie said (which he admits is more hunch than fact) is that players have been opting out of USM football for non-virus reasons, and I think he's 100% right about that. Not exactly a "hot take," but definitely worth acknowledging.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#4 2020-09-16 09:25:32 - "Coach Paulie G"

TheChosenOne (295)

Listening devices throughout the athletic center
Secret agents following his wife

UFO’s taking away recruits placing them with other teams hurting his ability to bring talent

Oh yea, this dude sounds 100% legit

#5 2020-09-16 15:38:36 - "Coach Paulie G"

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

I am a yankee Italian

Even I don’t believe him

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#6 2020-09-16 16:23:21 - "Coach Paulie G"

stinkfist (764)

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

I am a yankee Italian

Even I don’t believe him

I'm surprised pg-13 guido hasn't chimed in...he must have covid...

95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg493758851198d75b9e7118c23f42f2ad02c1efee979.gif

#7 2020-09-16 19:24:18 - "Coach Paulie G"

Ace Barker (260)
Website

i watched both of them. I don't get the deal recording in his car. Is he homeless? As far as the player goes, it seems that a coach or administrator could have found a place for him to stay with the dorms closed. hat seems odd but it is USM so it's hard to say. Write your book and see if it sells.  Nothing he can write a book about is unique to USM's football program. If this was a bout Alabama and Saban it would sell but USM?

Ace...

#8 2020-09-16 21:43:49 - "Coach Paulie G"

AndreWhere (1252)

Ace Barker wrote:

i watched both of them. I don't get the deal recording in his car. Is he homeless?

TheChosenOne hinted at the fact that this guy may be having some mental issues. Maybe he thinks hiding in his car is some kind of a security thing. I did detect a lot of over-the-top paranoia in some of the things he said.

Even setting that aside, when he acted like Campfire Gil running off to ECU was some kind of weird thing, that kind of revealed "Coach Paulie G" to be full of crap. I could probably rattle of a dozen reasons why Gilbert hauled ass at the earliest opportunity. Shoot, that leprechaun dude before him left for a school that probably doesn't even have football.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#9 2020-09-17 17:18:29 - "Coach Paulie G"

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

He needed to step away from his social media apps for a week or two after his dismissal and not let his anger cause further damage to his situation. Now that junk is out there.......forever........ Good luck getting another coaching job or something in the private sector. You are now labeled as difficult and untrustworthy.

Herm Edwards said it best.......”don’t push send!”

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#10 2020-09-17 17:48:53 - "Coach Paulie G"

Ace Barker (260)
Website

AndreWhere wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

i watched both of them. I don't get the deal recording in his car. Is he homeless?

TheChosenOne hinted at the fact that this guy may be having some mental issues. Maybe he thinks hiding in his car is some kind of a security thing. I did detect a lot of over-the-top paranoia in some of the things he said.

Even setting that aside, when he acted like Campfire Gil running off to ECU was some kind of weird thing, that kind of revealed "Coach Paulie G" to be full of crap. I could probably rattle of a dozen reasons why Gilbert hauled ass at the earliest opportunity. Shoot, that leprechaun dude before him left for a school that probably doesn't even have football.

I talked to a good friend in Hattiesburg. He had not seen the two videos but called the guy slimey even before seeing them.

In regards to Gilbert. He took the job and immediately tried to leave when he saw the financials. No wonder he didn’t do anything except go on camping trips.

Ace...

Board footer