CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-21 20:26:49 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

Early next week?

Hearing rumblings of an announcement early next week... Anybody else? Also heard an offer was made within a week of JH leaving and it was rejected.

#2 2020-11-21 21:05:30 - Early next week?

TheChosenOne (295)

Re: Early next week?

Interesting.  Keep us posted.

Hearing rumbles but nothing concrete.

#3 2020-11-21 21:27:59 - Early next week?

Up2Stuff (18)

EagleFWB wrote:

Hearing rumblings of an announcement early next week... Anybody else? Also heard an offer was made within a week of JH leaving and it was rejected.

And to whom was the offer made that was rejected?

Liked by:

#4 2020-11-21 22:14:20 - Early next week?

USMstang (303)

EagleFWB wrote:

Who the hell could we have offered that was available and worth a shit that would reject us?  Unless we offered someone the Interim job as a tryout for peanuts.  It doesn't appear that anyone on our staff wanted the job outside of Scotty and he used it to GTFO of town in quick fashion.  It sounded like we basically shoved the job on Billings.

Early next week is fine by me as long as it isn't a freakin turd!

Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Liked by:

#5 2020-11-21 22:18:34 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

He wasn't on staff, but is on the list you see going around. He's making too much money now to back track.

#6 2020-11-21 22:24:58 - Early next week?

USMstang (303)

I wasn't talking about someone else on our staff but regardless, your reply makes sense iffin you're referring to the guy that just had another cool million offered to him by his current employer or the one making good money as an OC with peach drink in hand.

Last edited by USMstang (2020-11-21 22:25:49)

#7 2020-11-21 22:31:18 - Early next week?

USMstang (303)

What is most pathetic about all this is that JM should have fired Hopson at the end of last year, hired a good coach and moved on.  I am fairly certain that we would not have had all the defections we had, especially right before season started.  He fucked up pretty badly in my opinion and then this year's absolute debacle has occurred.  And every week it seems to get worse between injuries, defections, and losses. 

This better be a great hire or JM will go down as yet another loser in a now growing line of useless ADs hired by Bennett!

#8 2020-11-21 22:58:43 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

USMstang wrote:

I wasn't talking about someone else on our staff but regardless, your reply makes sense iffin you're referring to the guy that just had another cool million offered to him by his current employer or the one making good money as an OC with peach drink in hand.

Yeah neither of those two were/are in play.

#9 2020-11-21 23:03:51 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

This year was a wash because of this media virus, regardless of Hop... If university doesn't know how important this hire is, then we as fans shouldn't really give a shit either.... I've felt much better and relaxed since I realized that.

Liked by:

#10 2020-11-21 23:59:35 - Early next week?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

I don't think we are an attractive destination anymore.  Other better potential openings are beginning to churn for proven competent coaches.  That points to us making a weak hire.  And they may make use of race purely to make their weak hire appear significant.

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2020-11-22 00:09:49)

We still suck bigtime.
There's a big difference between optimism and an altered state of reality.
Not another dime, not another mile, not another minute.
MSFlag.gif

#11 2020-11-22 00:30:57 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

Well... You can certainly win at USM.... But university has to decide that they want to play. IMHO, you have to have the money over 7 figures. We aren't even competing in this shit conference if we don't.

#12 2020-11-22 09:58:06 - Early next week?

Black Diamond Reb (418)

EagleFWB wrote:

You can certainly win West SUNWACUSA at USM.

That's a real attraction

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#13 2020-11-22 12:02:47 - Early next week?

Yo Mama (44)

Everything will be fine.

Liked by:

#14 2020-11-23 08:54:33 - Early next week?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Most on this forum will disapprove but there is a possible solution for a head coach to stabilize the program and turn things around. The head coach would require a couple of pretty good coordinators and a recruiting budget to get USM out of this Jr. College mess that seems to be on going. This coach does not like the JC route at all. He knows the program and its problems. He will stay a few years and hopefully groom a replacement coach that could at least give USM roughly seven or eight years of stability. He is currently building a house in Sumrall. I have no idea if any of the large boosters will support it. I doubt anyone on the Nut Lines will either. I know the administration most likely does not which is interesting because the AD said the program needed someone like this guy. It helped at Kansas State and seems to be working an UNC by hiring a previous old fogey coach. Without mentioning his name, you know who I mean. He will take the job.  Yes, I have spoken with him about it.

Ace...

#15 2020-11-23 11:40:50 - Early next week?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

But would he march?

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

Liked by:

#16 2020-11-23 12:02:24 - Early next week?

USMstang (303)

Ace Barker wrote:

Most on this forum will disapprove but there is a possible solution for a head coach to stabilize the program and turn things around. The head coach would require a couple of pretty good coordinators and a recruiting budget to get USM out of this Jr. College mess that seems to be on going. This coach does not like the JC route at all. He knows the program and its problems. He will stay a few years and hopefully groom a replacement coach that could at least give USM roughly seven or eight years of stability. He is currently building a house in Sumrall. I have no idea if any of the large boosters will support it. I doubt anyone on the Nut Lines will either. I know the administration most likely does not which is interesting because the AD said the program needed someone like this guy. It helped at Kansas State and seems to be working an UNC by hiring a previous old fogey coach. Without mentioning his name, you know who I mean. He will take the job.  Yes, I have spoken with him about it.

Ace...

Collins is a little old no?  LOL

Liked by:

#17 2020-11-23 12:37:16 - Early next week?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Mao Tse-gore wrote:

But would he march?

It took me a minute to understand what you wrote.  Off the cuff, I would say no. He would be their coach, not their friend.
With that, I believe Dr. Bennett would say, March!  With the Briles issue, Hopson did. I am speculating. I don’t know.

I wrote Coach McClain about this. I wrote if there are hatchets to bury, bury them. The issue is Dr Bennett would play well in the sandbox with Collins, Carmody or Bower?

Ace...

Last edited by Ace Barker (2020-11-23 17:18:41)

#18 2020-11-23 12:39:14 - Early next week?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

USMstang wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

Collins is a little old no?  LOL

I would go for him or Coach Carmody. Some of these kids need some old school and I don’t mean Ellis Johnson old school.

Ace...

Liked by:

#19 2020-11-23 15:15:33 - Early next week?

Ahma (11)

No disrespect, but good Lord have mercy. If there was a singular qualification I'd put on this job it is that they have to be from this century. And that is coming from an old person.

Liked by:

#20 2020-11-23 16:57:53 - Early next week?

Mao Tse-gore (412)

Well they activated Big MO and crew to whip the aliens.
https://youtu.be/w0BK_hLT-Wo

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2020-11-23 17:07:59)

We still suck bigtime.
MSFlag.gif

Board footer