CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2020-11-23 17:28:18 - Early next week?

Black Diamond Reb (418)

Re: Early next week?

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#22 2020-11-24 18:56:06 - Early next week?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Ace Barker wrote:

Most on this forum will disapprove but there is a possible solution for a head coach to stabilize the program and turn things around. The head coach would require a couple of pretty good coordinators and a recruiting budget to get USM out of this Jr. College mess that seems to be on going. This coach does not like the JC route at all. He knows the program and its problems. He will stay a few years and hopefully groom a replacement coach that could at least give USM roughly seven or eight years of stability. He is currently building a house in Sumrall. I have no idea if any of the large boosters will support it. I doubt anyone on the Nut Lines will either. I know the administration most likely does not which is interesting because the AD said the program needed someone like this guy. It helped at Kansas State and seems to be working an UNC by hiring a previous old fogey coach. Without mentioning his name, you know who I mean. He will take the job.  Yes, I have spoken with him about it.

Ace...

Can you give me a few more clues? I think I know but want to be sure I have the right person........

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

#23 2020-11-24 19:53:07 - Early next week?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Most on this forum will disapprove but there is a possible solution for a head coach to stabilize the program and turn things around. The head coach would require a couple of pretty good coordinators and a recruiting budget to get USM out of this Jr. College mess that seems to be on going. This coach does not like the JC route at all. He knows the program and its problems. He will stay a few years and hopefully groom a replacement coach that could at least give USM roughly seven or eight years of stability. He is currently building a house in Sumrall. I have no idea if any of the large boosters will support it. I doubt anyone on the Nut Lines will either. I know the administration most likely does not which is interesting because the AD said the program needed someone like this guy. It helped at Kansas State and seems to be working an UNC by hiring a previous old fogey coach. Without mentioning his name, you know who I mean. He will take the job.  Yes, I have spoken with him about it.

Ace...

Can you give me a few more clues? I think I know but want to be sure I have the right person........

Pooley Hubert

Ace...

#24 2020-11-24 23:57:00 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

Looks like 12/6 at the latest.... Some interviews happened, top two are set, some back and forth.... Covid situation for this weekend came in to play... 12/6 is too late for early recruiting and some candidates know that.... JM has some pressure and needs to make the call...

We won't be thrilled either way, but both are probably solid hires. Just depends on your favorite shade of green.

Last edited by EagleFWB (2020-11-25 00:34:49)

#25 2020-11-25 07:13:37 - Early next week?

tg300 (439)

EagleFWB wrote:

Looks like 12/6 at the latest.... Some interviews happened, top two are set, some back and forth.... Covid situation for this weekend came in to play... 12/6 is too late for early recruiting and some candidates know that.... JM has some pressure and needs to make the call...

We won't be thrilled either way, but both are probably solid hires. Just depends on your favorite shade of green.

If we are choosing between Hall and Roberts fire up the bulldozers.

Liked by:

#26 2020-11-25 07:41:30 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

Well fire them up brother!

#27 2020-11-25 07:55:16 - Early next week?

EagleFWB (176)

Bielema is supposedly the dark horse candidate.

#28 2020-11-25 07:58:43 - Early next week?

Black Diamond Reb (418)

EagleFWB wrote:

Bielema is supposedly the dark horse candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TAXTxAFmg3A

"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."
"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."
"Went to Starkville and came within one bad throw of taking the series."

#29 2020-11-25 08:30:05 - Early next week?

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1627)

Ace Barker wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
Ace Barker wrote:

Ace...

Pooley Hubert

Ace...

Boy I was way off.....I had the guy out of Gainesville, GA and current DL coach in Murfreesboro......

"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Liked by:

#30 2020-11-25 09:26:34 - Early next week?

Yo Mama (44)

TheChosenOne wrote:

Hearing mumbles but nothing concrete.

29479A11-58B3-4025-A055-71BBD97FD98E.png

Aiming high I see!

Liked by:

#31 2020-11-25 13:02:35 - Early next week?

AndreWhere (1252)

Richard went with the "Presiding Bishop Reverend Doctor Prophet-Evangelist" pocket square for that pic.

Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

#32 2020-11-25 20:00:03 - Early next week?

Ace Barker (260)
Website

Yo Mama wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Hearing mumbles but nothing concrete.

29479A11-58B3-4025-A055-71BBD97FD98E.png

Aiming high I see!

The sad thing is he is probably on the  payroll as a secret advisor.

Ace...

Liked by:

Board footer