CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-28 23:36:56 - Doing some things to increase site visibility

admin (289)
Administrator

Doing some things to increase site visibility

I've done a couple of things tonight to try and get us "to the top" of the Google results for searches like "Southern Miss sports," "USM message board," etc.:

1) "Verified ownership" of the two domains I'm using with Google.
2) Edited the forum's PHP code to include a "meta keywords" tag with all pages. The keywords are things like "Southern Miss," "Message Board," "Football," etc.

I'm going to give it a couple days, and then re-check our position in the search rankings. "The Perch" should not be the first link returned by the Google searches I'm executing. "The Perch" is no longer the number one USM message board, and that's thanks to all of us. Getting this message across to Google is "Job One" at this point.

Don't know if anyone here has SEO expertise, or knows anyone who does, but if you do, please speak up. And if you have any ideas about how to spread the word, again, speak up! Thanks.

#2 2017-08-29 09:07:35 - Doing some things to increase site visibility

TheChosenOne (295)

Re: Doing some things to increase site visibility

Andrea, you've done a hell of job and are commended for your efforts. Thank you from all
Of us!!!!   Unfortunately I can't assist with SEO. I do know it's a pain in the back side. Hopefully someone here can assist

Again, thank you

#3 2017-08-29 10:52:35 - Doing some things to increase site visibility

admin (289)
Administrator

Re: Doing some things to increase site visibility

TheChosenOne wrote:

Andrea, you've done a hell of job and are commended for your efforts. Thank you from all
Of us!!!!   Unfortunately I can't assist with SEO. I do know it's a pain in the back side. Hopefully someone here can assist

Again, thank you

You're welcome, man. It's been a pleasure seeing the board take off so well.

Board footer