CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#81 2017-10-27 23:28:42 - Gilbert Speaks

beagle (173)

Re: Gilbert Speaks

AndreWhere wrote:
CajunEagle wrote:

I (along with several other Eagle fans) have vowed to never....ever attend a game on the campus of the University of Houston.

I don't know what happened to you, but UH does have an amazing record of fucking shit up on Saturdays. My favorite Cougin' It moment was Bleachergate. UH erected something like 4,000 new seats in their football stadium but they used rickety scaffolding:

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w52 … ilpkpo.jpg

That construction technique might cut it for a few seats at Lorman Junior High, but when that shit extends 65' in the air it's scary (EDIT: scary-looking; I do think that's probably a safe temporary structure).

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w52 … iv2mhw.jpg

They sold a bunch of Longhorn fans tickets to sit on that monstrosity. The university president wimped out at the last moment and just told them they could watch the game on TV at the UH basketball arena.

I just googled Bleachergate. Never had even heard of it before now. Pretty hilarious. Honestly sounds like something we would have done under Giannini.

Last edited by beagle (2017-10-27 23:28:54)

"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

#82 2017-10-28 05:39:30 - Gilbert Speaks

admin (289)
Administrator

beagle wrote:

Honestly sounds like something we would have done under Giannini.

Giannini or anyone since, for that matter.

#83 2017-10-28 08:59:31 - Gilbert Speaks

99beers (303)

Heres how the tv shit will work.....  Scheduling better teams assures being on tv.  Whore games gets you $$$$$ plus tv.    Typical home n home away games ya get nothing.   At home you get the tv money, and demand it, or no tv.   You cant demand it now for a home game against uab.  But a home game vrs Houston means $$$$$$.    Or any mid to lower level P5.   They have no rights when they come to your stadium.  You make the rules.   Its called negotiations, business sense, planning, and implementing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Liked by:

Board footer