CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-12 18:20:55 - New domain name and some related features

admin (289)
Administrator

New domain name and some related features

I've acquired a new domain and pointed it directly to this board: USM.football (or just "usm.football"... you don't need to capitalize anything).

Apparently ".football" is now a valid thing to end a domain name with (i.e. a TLD). I'd have bought ".baseball" and ".sports" as well, but apparently those aren't TLDs (yet).

You can keep using whichever of the two older domain names you've been using. USM.football is primarily a marketing experiment. It's just a shorter, more memorable, more accurate domain name. If you refer someone here, it's the domain name I'd suggest you use.

There are some minor cosmetic site differences related to which domain name you used. You will see a board title that corresponds to the domain you're using. It won't always just be "College Sports Unfiltered," for example.

Finally, even though we've have multiple domains for a long time, users would end up at the "collegesportsunfiltered.com" domain eventually. This has been fixed. If you browse to, say, usm.football, that is the domain name that will stay in your browser bar. I think this may fix a few issues I've noticed related to having multiple domains.

#2 2017-10-12 18:21:58 - New domain name and some related features

southern miss slacker (304)

Re: New domain name and some related features

well ok.

Board footer