CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-16 21:16:07 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

I'm no sunshine pumper...

In fact, I was recently accused by Fighting Eagle (a.k.a. Nastybunch) of posting "mostly negative" things about USM. I do post a few nice things about USM from time to time, though, and tonight I will say that this season's basketball team has impressed me.

Tim Rowe seems to have progressed. He's doing the things he's good at and earning minutes every game.

The whole team is handling Mr. Spalding's balls quite well: steals, hustle rebounds, and behind-the-back action have all been a part of the streak they're on.

I look at two losses, one vs. William Carey and the other at #18 KSU, as defining the season so far. I think that the former was part of Doc's process,  and the latter is one they might win if it had a mulligan right now.

Were Edwards returning, I'd say a spot in the NCAA tournament would be a legitimate goal for next season. Had the team beaten KSU this season, we might be talking about a bid this season.

Those are hypotheticals, but I plan on enjoying every minute this team plays for the rest of this season, wherever it ends.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#2 2019-02-16 21:20:50 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

Nugget's Ghostbuster (914)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,279

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Bonus play schedule just released.....

EFF15F51-1DF6-4379-9C10-C8272536DB35.jpeg


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

Liked by:

#3 2019-02-16 21:21:59 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

So they announced it. Good info.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#4 2019-02-16 21:24:45 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere wrote:

In fact, I was recently accused by Fighting Eagle (a.k.a. Nastybunch) of posting "mostly negative" things about USM. I do post a few nice things about USM from time to time, though, and tonight I will say that this season's basketball team has impressed me.

Tim Rowe seems to have progressed. He's doing the things he's good at and earning minutes every game.

The whole team is handling Mr. Spalding's balls quite well: steals, hustle rebounds, and behind-the-back action have all been a part of the streak they're on.

I look at two losses, one vs. William Carey and the other at #18 KSU, as defining the season so far. I think that the former was part of Doc's process,  and the latter is one they might win if it had a mulligan right now.

Were Edwards returning, I'd say a spot in the NCAA tournament would be a legitimate goal for next season. Had the team beaten KSU this season, we might be talking about a bid this season.

Those are hypotheticals, but I plan on enjoying every minute this team plays for the rest of this season, wherever it ends.

I've caught a-plent-o-shite over on the nazi board over last few years defending Doc's position and how much fun it's been watching this team gel over the course of this year....

the players have bought into the schematic....Doc now has tools in the shed....

if this team somehow wins the coos-coos tourney, they just might surprise as a 12-13 seed...

Griff is running the floor to perfection....and Doc is finally giving Draine the mins. he deserves....

AND ROWE IS KEEPING HIS CLUMSY HANDS TO HIMSELF LATELY.....ABOUT FK'N TIME!

that is what provides the rest to be better.....

offense/defense/rebounds/freethrow% have all increased since Driane has been given the op....

cue bdr....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-02-16 21:25:46)


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#5 2019-02-16 21:29:03 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Bonus play schedule just released.....

EFF15F51-1DF6-4379-9C10-C8272536DB35.jpeg

3-1 with that h/a schedule would be a major coup....

odu and wku on the road is gonna be a motherfucker....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#6 2019-02-16 21:32:43 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne (150)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 456

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Fighting Eagle is Nasty Bunch?  Didn’t realize that

Here goes, and yes this hurts. So F-You

To Stink, Rock The Rock, and Nasty aka Fighting Eagle (I guess)
Three of you were / are CORRECT. Doc made the turn and has the program headed in a solid direction. For me, was just looking for improvement. Not only has he improved but top tier in conference. Now, some smart ass will comment regarding strength of conference but let’s remember, recently we were not competitive in this weak conference.

So, to the three of you, hats off. You were correct in holding on

Offline

#7 2019-02-16 21:37:22 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne wrote:

Fighting Eagle is Nasty Bunch?  Didn’t realize that

Here goes, and yes this hurts. So F-You

To Stink, Rock The Rock, and Nasty aka Fighting Eagle (I guess)
Three of you were / are CORRECT. Doc made the turn and has the program headed in a solid direction. For me, was just looking for improvement. Not only has he improved but top tier in conference. Now, some smart ass will comment regarding strength of conference but let’s remember, recently we were not competitive in this weak conference.

So, to the three of you, hats off. You were correct in holding on

all I ever stated was Doc deserved a fair chance....nothing more....

HP (on that board) is also in that camp.....

it's a shame he doesn't post here....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-02-16 21:39:07)


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

Liked by:

#8 2019-02-16 21:38:21 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne wrote:

Fighting Eagle is Nasty Bunch?  Didn’t realize that

It's a hunch. Their posting styles are similar, and there's a certain dislike of me personally that I can't explain solely based on what I've posted on this board.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#9 2019-02-16 21:41:33 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne (150)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 456

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Damn Andrea, who couldn’t like you? I’d like to buy you and couple more on this board a beer one day.

Last edited by TheChosenOne (2019-02-16 21:42:04)

Offline

Liked by:

#10 2019-02-16 21:45:23 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne wrote:

Damn Andrea, who couldn’t like you? I’d like to buy you and couple more on this board a beer one day.

I was kind of an idiot on CSNBBS, especially when the conference was falling apart.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#11 2019-02-16 21:47:08 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne wrote:

Damn Andrea, who couldn’t like you? I’d like to buy you and couple more on this board a beer one day.

lol....Andre, if willing, I'll let you tell the story of our evolution.... wink

#bbsbattles

#noWinnDixieCup

I4hS5-1481039022-6938-list_items-67_battleship.gif

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-02-16 21:47:53)


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#12 2019-02-16 21:50:41 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne (150)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 456

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Recall you being aggressive at times but who the fuck cares.

Oh welz, I’d buy you a cold beer any day. Along with Stink and either of those damn Ghost

Offline

Liked by:

#13 2019-02-16 21:55:13 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Damn Andrea, who couldn’t like you? I’d like to buy you and couple more on this board a beer one day.

lol....Andre, if willing, I'll let you tell the story of our evolution.... wink

#bbsbattles

#noWinnDixieCup

I4hS5-1481039022-6938-list_items-67_battleship.gif

I go back and read some of that old CSNBBS stuff sometimes. We all posted some pretty funny shit. Those stories are always fun. Spygate, 2012, all the times we were "next in line" for the golden ticket...

That's the really cool thing about a message board. People can say off-the-wall shit, and in the short term you'll get downvoted or flamed or whatever a given site provides for. Over the long term, though, you get a sort of Google-indexed fossil record of what happened over the years and how people reacted to it. That's really interesting.

This morning, I was looking at old copies of EaglePost.net hosted on Wayback Machine. Frickin' Wayback Machine is kind of crappy, and it didn't store actual threads, but you can see the thread titles and who was posting threads. You get the overall flavor, but I do wish I could see that MSPaint art again.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

Liked by:

#14 2019-02-16 21:56:39 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

TheChosenOne wrote:

Recall you being aggressive at times but who the fuck cares.

Oh welz, I’d buy you a cold beer any day. Along with Stink and either of those damn Ghost

I'm certain I've bought you one in the past.....it doesn't matter if I remember or not...

my first encounter with Monk and Carr at the EZ was epic.... #redbull/vodkainthehouse

after my third 'ban' from that dive, they both asked, "where the fuck is Hank"....

it's too funny how shite flushes through the 'vine'....

I miss those guys....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#15 2019-02-16 22:01:21 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
TheChosenOne wrote:

Damn Andrea, who couldn’t like you? I’d like to buy you and couple more on this board a beer one day.

lol....Andre, if willing, I'll let you tell the story of our evolution.... wink

#bbsbattles

#noWinnDixieCup

I4hS5-1481039022-6938-list_items-67_battleship.gif

I go back and read some of that old CSNBBS stuff sometimes. We all posted some pretty funny shit. Those stories are always fun. Spygate, 2012, all the times we were "next in line" for the golden ticket...

That's the really cool thing about a message board. People can say off-the-wall shit, and in the short term you'll get downvoted or flamed or whatever a given site provides for. Over the long term, though, you get a sort of Google-indexed fossil record of what happened over the years and how people reacted to it. That's really interesting.

This morning, I was looking at old copies of EaglePost.net hosted on Wayback Machine. Frickin' Wayback Machine is kind of crappy, and it didn't store actual threads, but you can see the thread titles and who was posting threads. You get the overall flavor, but I do wish I could see that MSPaint art again.

spygate....I was deemed a 'benedict' by nastyB....told ya Mullens was THE GUY, eh?!  where's battery boy and the surrogate laundry today....

that shite was too much fonzies....the young bucks ran me off on the east side....so, I went to the west side in my designated smoking area....lmmfao...

I embrace the village idiot....the real world is a drag too many times....

there's a reason fanatic turned into "fan"....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#16 2019-02-16 22:09:52 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

When I was putting together my "Nastybunch = Fighting Eagle" case a few days ago, I wasn't even thinking of his reaction to Spygate. Remembering it now, it's just that much more evidence. I'm at least 90% sure now.

I do give the dude credit for posting here even though he knows my brain and his are wired very differently.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#17 2019-02-16 22:15:17 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere wrote:

When I was putting together my "Nastybunch = Fighting Eagle" case a few days ago, I wasn't even thinking of his reaction to Spygate. Remembering it now, it's just that much more evidence. I'm at least 90% sure now.

I do give the dude credit for posting here even though he knows my brain and his are wired very differently.

he's most definitely not of 'our cloth'.....

regardless, I have a softie for him....he's a die 'hard' fan that I can only respect....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

Liked by:

#18 2019-02-16 22:19:33 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere (820)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 6,322

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

When I was putting together my "Nastybunch = Fighting Eagle" case a few days ago, I wasn't even thinking of his reaction to Spygate. Remembering it now, it's just that much more evidence. I'm at least 90% sure now.

I do give the dude credit for posting here even though he knows my brain and his are wired very differently.

he's most definitely not of 'our cloth'.....

regardless, I have a softie for him....he's a die 'hard' fan that I can only respect....

Is gdunn still posting over there? He was another one that I just didn't see eye to eye with, but he did post some interesting shit.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Online

#19 2019-02-16 22:28:33 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

stinkfist (435)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,179

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:

When I was putting together my "Nastybunch = Fighting Eagle" case a few days ago, I wasn't even thinking of his reaction to Spygate. Remembering it now, it's just that much more evidence. I'm at least 90% sure now.

I do give the dude credit for posting here even though he knows my brain and his are wired very differently.

he's most definitely not of 'our cloth'.....

regardless, I have a softie for him....he's a die 'hard' fan that I can only respect....

Is gdunn still posting over there? He was another one that I just didn't see eye to eye with, but he did post some interesting shit.

yep....almost exclusively in the spin room....

the beauty of that board is talking 'smack' with the demographics that I crave.....

he's military with a young'n.....he's as solid as they come....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#20 2019-02-16 22:32:51 - I'm no sunshine pumper...

Nugget's Ghostbuster (914)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 3,279

Re: I'm no sunshine pumper...

Whatever happened to Canton Eagle.....or that old veterinarian ranch dude.....


Fighting Eagle is still among us.....l


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

Board footer