College Sports Unfiltered

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

Message user "admin" if you want a board created

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-09-09 23:36:11

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

The concession thing doesn't make any sense.

Offline

#27 2017-09-09 23:39:32

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

"We'll continue to grow it"

Grow what, exactly?


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#28 2017-09-09 23:40:46

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

"We'll continue to grow it"

Grow what, exactly?

Attendance? You'd have to start growing it first.

Offline

#29 2017-09-09 23:44:15

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#30 2017-09-09 23:47:16

Mlytc
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 2

Re: Southern thread

Not sure what is going on with attendance but I am a season ticket holder and we took an extra kid with us today so we had to buy a ticket at the window.  Left the window and walked straight to the gate  and the extra ticket scanned "Duplicate scan".  There was a guy in the line next to us and 2 of his tickets did the exact same thing.  They said that they have been having a lot of trouble with that this season.  They let us go on into the stadium and said that they hoped it would be fixed before the next home game.

Online

#31 2017-09-09 23:47:48

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

What were they expecting?

Offline

#32 2017-09-09 23:49:51

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:
beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

What were they expecting?

To be competitive, I suppose.

We're still not even near close to where we want to be, but at least we aren't struggling with SWAC teams anymore. Y'all remember the 2014 Alcorn game? Nearly lost that game. Had they won, that would have been the end of the program.

Last edited by beagle (2017-09-09 23:50:10)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#33 2017-09-09 23:50:13

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

Mlytc wrote:

Not sure what is going on with attendance but I am a season ticket holder and we took an extra kid with us today so we had to buy a ticket at the window.  Left the window and walked straight to the gate  and the extra ticket scanned "Duplicate scan".  There was a guy in the line next to us and 2 of his tickets did the exact same thing.  They said that they have been having a lot of trouble with that this season.  They let us go on into the stadium and said that they hoped it would be fixed before the next home game.

Witnessed some of those difficulties myself. Dude at the "will call" window had ordered 6 tickets and they had him down for 56... or something.

These clowns have no idea how many people are in the stadium. It was more than 24,000.

Offline

#34 2017-09-09 23:53:01

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Last edited by beagle (2017-09-09 23:53:18)


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#35 2017-09-09 23:58:21

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Hall of Fame, USDA Certified Black Angus TTT there.

Offline

#36 2017-09-10 00:02:08

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

Speaking of which, our next opponent just had a classic TTT moment themselves.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports … 647419001/

Florida State is not obligated to pay ULM a buyout after cancelling Saturday’s game due to Hurricane Irma.

Per the game contract, each school would owe the other $1 million if it cancelled the game. Section 11 of the contract states, “In the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake…making it impractical or impossible to play the game, both parties shall be relieved of any and all obligations of this agreement.”

The Warhawks were set to receive a $1.35 million payday from FSU.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#37 2017-09-10 00:10:00

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Speaking of which, our next opponent just had a classic TTT moment themselves.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports … 647419001/

Florida State is not obligated to pay ULM a buyout after cancelling Saturday’s game due to Hurricane Irma.

Per the game contract, each school would owe the other $1 million if it cancelled the game. Section 11 of the contract states, “In the event of fire, flood, hurricane, tornado, earthquake…making it impractical or impossible to play the game, both parties shall be relieved of any and all obligations of this agreement.”

The Warhawks were set to receive a $1.35 million payday from FSU.

That sort of thing is damn near ubiquitous in legal documents. Doesn't make it any easier for ULM to swallow.

Offline

#38 2017-09-10 00:30:17

southern miss slacker
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 383

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

If he do win cusa hopson is gone

well shooba dooba.

Online

#39 2017-09-10 00:31:01

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

southern miss slacker wrote:
beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

If he do win cusa hopson is gone

well shooba dooba.

What ever will we do.

Offline

#40 2017-09-10 00:35:08

southern miss slacker
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 383

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:
beagle wrote:

There will be an opening in the AAC (UConn goes indy or some shit) and the reason they'll give for not including us is attendance. All because we can't count validated IDs or scan a damn ticket. TTT.

Hall of Fame, USDA Certified Black Angus TTT there.

they never have given us a reason for not including us the last 5 times they raped CUSA for teams, because we've never been considered for inclusion.

Online

#41 2017-09-10 00:36:09

southern miss slacker
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 383

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:
beagle wrote:

Found a SWAC board with a thread on the game. Shit cracks me up.

https://www.hbcusports.com/forums/threa … -ct.131738

If he do win cusa hopson is gone

well shooba dooba.

What ever will we do.

I want to know where he be going.

Online

#42 2017-09-10 09:25:27

Nugget's Ghostbuster
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 237

Re: Southern thread

admin wrote:

Dude at the "will call" window had ordered 6 tickets and they had him down for 56.....

That's awesome....wait till that credit card statement comes in.....
Give USM credit, they are pulling out all the stops to help our attendance figures.....


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#43 2017-09-10 09:56:43

AndreWhere
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 524
Website

Re: Southern thread

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
admin wrote:

Dude at the "will call" window had ordered 6 tickets and they had him down for 56.....

That's awesome....wait till that credit card statement comes in.....
Give USM credit, they are pulling out all the stops to help our attendance figures.....

Those tickets probably all scanned as duplicates though, thus explaining the high revenue / low reported attendance dichotomy.

Somebody in USM's IT department fucked up bad. It's not hard for me to imagine how. Multiple data sources that are almost in synch but not quite... poor or absent locking mechanisms preventing uniqueness from being ensured. It's pretty elementary shit but misguided amateurs get it wrong pretty frequently.

Offline

#44 2017-09-10 10:56:10

SoMs Eagle
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 154

Re: Southern thread

southern miss slacker wrote:
admin wrote:

What ever will we do.

I want to know where he be going.

Old Miss?

Offline

#45 2017-09-10 11:52:35

Black Diamond Reb
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 83

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

Pugh said.

And you can always believe anything that comes from a USM staffer.


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

Offline

#46 2017-09-10 12:53:36

SoMs Eagle
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 154

Re: Southern thread

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
beagle wrote:

Pugh said.

And you can always believe anything that comes from a USM staffer.

Self incrimination?

Offline

#47 2017-09-10 12:58:26

beagle
Member
From: Cloverleaf Mall parking lot
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 415

Re: Southern thread

Just was informed about the ticket counting as it relates to students. Under McGillis, they were counting the entire student section capacity (4K) + how many students came in. So if you had 2k students enter the stadium, the student total would have been 6k. There's your difference. Last night's crowd would have been announced at 28k under previous administrations.


"We played 12 SEC games when I was here, and 14 of those were on the road!"

- PW Underwood (RIP)

Offline

#48 2017-09-10 13:01:47

Black Diamond Reb
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 83

Re: Southern thread

SoMs Eagle wrote:

Self incrimination?

When in Rome do as the Romanians, and the rest of SUNWACUSA.


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

Offline

#49 2017-09-10 20:24:35

admin
Administrator
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 273

Re: Southern thread

beagle wrote:

So if you had 2k students enter the stadium, the student total would have been 6k.

That's ridiculous, and Gilbert is right to not do it that way.

That said, I have no confidence in the Athletic Department's ability to count attendance, or even tickets sold. The problems that several of us have witnessed with tickets showing up as duplicates (and presumably not getting counted) hint at a pretty big problem.

Until they truly get to the bottom of this, Gilbert needs to resort to some sort of estimation to get a more reasonable figure. For example, he could release a "tickets purchased" figure based on revenue and overall average ticket price. Right now, I think the department is just parroting a number obtained from a very flawed computer system. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Offline

#50 2017-09-10 23:14:37

USMstang
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 191

Re: Southern thread

For any of you that witnessed that shit, please call his office and/or send him an email describing it.  I doubt these issues are being reported to him correctly and if they are, you will put him on notice that some small time shit is happening and it is not going unnoticed by the masses!

It has been reported as we have all seen that we were very profitable last week with that shitty ass turnout.  Does that mean they counted large sums of money and credit card sales receipts and it was huge or does it mean that the reported numbers were very nice???  I own a business and the bottom line is how much revenue did we generate in cold hard cash. In short, is the bank account larger than the bills due. I smell a rat on last week and have little confidence after hearing these stories.


If it ain't Black & Gold...F it!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB