CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-12-25 19:36:53 - Song of the day 12/23

USMstang (155)
Member
From: 7 miles North of Cat Island
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 777

Re: Song of the day 12/23

tg300 wrote:
USMstang wrote:

HA -- I saw Aldo Nova open for Cheap Trick in Biloxi...fucking fabulous

Saw Ratt there too and some jackasses from NJ opened for them...7800 degrees F tour of Suck Jovi.  I went for some beers and a piss when the jersey boys were playing. 

The Def Lep Hi & Dri album was one of the very best early 80s albums made along with the first Ratt album.  The Cult's Electric was pretty damn good too along with any of the Whitesnake and GNR works so don't gimme some Flock of Seagulls shit!  And Queensryche, don't forget about Queensryche (saw them in New Orleans)!!

I saw Ratt in Jxn with JBJ opening. Crowd was restless while he performed waiting on the headliners.

I was on a Riverboat tour in Memphis a few days after I saw them in Biloxi and could hear them playing...thought that was pretty cool.


Still sleeping with a Dixie Darling!

Offline

#22 2017-12-28 21:14:02 - Song of the day 12/23

AndreWhere (370)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 3,926
Website

Re: Song of the day 12/23

Rush, Signals. The best of, and a slice of my own long career:




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5vPrrnb6tw


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#23 2017-12-28 21:39:26 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

saw them twice on the coast and once in jxn from late '70s to early '80s....I'm a displaced midwesterner

my Rush contribution for you that does all the work....we're mere pawns bro....



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

Last edited by stinkfist (2017-12-28 21:42:00)

Offline

Liked by:

#24 2017-12-28 21:43:42 - Song of the day 12/23

AndreWhere (370)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 3,926
Website

Re: Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist wrote:

saw them twice on the coast and once in jxn from late '70s to early '80s....I'm a displaced midwesterner

my Rush contribution for you that does all the work....we're mere pawns bro....



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

Fucking good one, man. I definitely kicked it on repeat back when things were simpler.

In honor of the end of a good (?) season, I offer everyone this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM&t=133

Last edited by AndreWhere (2017-12-28 21:53:02)


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

Liked by:

#25 2017-12-28 22:00:59 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

AndreWhere wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

saw them twice on the coast and once in jxn from late '70s to early '80s....I'm a displaced midwesterner

my Rush contribution for you that does all the work....we're mere pawns bro....



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIGKlicb8n0

Fucking good one, man. I definitely kicked it on repeat back when things were simpler.

In honor of the end of a good (?) season, I offer everyone this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eu7ar5EKM&t=133

I have 2112 playing in the background now.....was my fave from the canucks.....

I once had that hotwired strat.....then I got married and had a kid......was an easy trade off.....now it's a tele and martin post divorce....

EJ is a technical wizard.....nice plug man....

Offline

Liked by:

#26 2017-12-28 22:03:28 - Song of the day 12/23

AndreWhere (370)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 3,926
Website

Re: Song of the day 12/23

A year and a half ago, I woke up and asked "did we really beat Kentucky?"

When the answer came back in the affirmative, I poured a drink and listened to this:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNQF9nZncPA


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#27 2017-12-28 22:07:56 - Song of the day 12/23

AndreWhere (370)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 3,926
Website

Re: Song of the day 12/23


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#28 2017-12-28 22:24:44 - Song of the day 12/23

Nugget's Ghostbuster (322)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,384

Re: Song of the day 12/23

Grew up on hair bands....first saw this guy when his hair band opened for KISS (and Slaughter) at Lakewood Amphitheater in 1990. Fast forward 20+ years later and he now lives down the road from me and is a partner at one of the best guitar shops in Texas. The shop is located in the middle of a residential neighborhood in the middle of nowhere but has a small performance theater(maybe 200 seats) but with his music connections you can randomly see Steve Vai, Rick Derringer, etc..playing on a random week night with this guy.

https://youtu.be/uLN344OuUQY


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

Liked by:

#29 2017-12-28 22:42:29 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Grew up on hair bands....first saw this guy when his hair band opened for KISS (and Slaughter) at Lakewood Amphitheater in 1990. Fast forward 20+ years later and he now lives down the road from me and is a partner at one of the best guitar shops in Texas. The shop is located in the middle of a residential neighborhood in the middle of nowhere but has a small performance theater(maybe 200 seats) but with his music connections you can randomly see Steve Vai, Rick Derringer, etc..playing on a random week night with this guy.

https://youtu.be/uLN344OuUQY


puckin' awesome.....you lucky bastage wink

compare/contrast.....I take timmons on rawer inner-demon chops alone......both of 'em can shred like nobody's bizzle.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA

Offline

#30 2017-12-28 22:51:49 - Song of the day 12/23

Nugget's Ghostbuster (322)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,384

Re: Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Grew up on hair bands....first saw this guy when his hair band opened for KISS (and Slaughter) at Lakewood Amphitheater in 1990. Fast forward 20+ years later and he now lives down the road from me and is a partner at one of the best guitar shops in Texas. The shop is located in the middle of a residential neighborhood in the middle of nowhere but has a small performance theater(maybe 200 seats) but with his music connections you can randomly see Steve Vai, Rick Derringer, etc..playing on a random week night with this guy.

https://youtu.be/uLN344OuUQY


puckin' awesome.....you lucky bastage wink

compare/contrast.....I take timmons on rawer inner-demon chops alone......both of 'em can shred like nobody's bizzle.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQJH615KwA

I remember him when he had just a plain white bucket.......good stuff......


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#31 2017-12-28 23:01:21 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

this is simply jacking off to the sum bitch knowing you're getting laid later....IIRC, ry cooder played the macchio segments with the exception of the classical finale....

how I love this movie and this scene.....vai's pinch en harmonics, string skipping, and dive bombs still give me ze chills...complete command of the neck that guy has.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqdL36VKbMQ

another 'duel' version live.....simply bad fucking arse.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usIyPKEY1b0

Last edited by stinkfist (2017-12-28 23:02:32)

Offline

#32 2017-12-28 23:07:54 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

last one....another master that I simply bow to in a stoned cold shredded groove....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0khAAItqg

Offline

#33 2017-12-28 23:09:52 - Song of the day 12/23

Nugget's Ghostbuster (322)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 1,384

Re: Song of the day 12/23

Saw Vai when he spent one hour with Whitesnake. I think Coverdale paid him one million for the tour and album. They toured with one hit wonder Kix(don’t close your eyes) . Just missed seeing him with Diamond Dave. That would have been better.....


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#34 2017-12-28 23:45:25 - Song of the day 12/23

Mao Tse-gore (35)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 154

Re: Song of the day 12/23


We still suck bigtime.

Offline

Liked by:

#35 2017-12-29 00:00:29 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

little known factoid.....vai transcribed for the eldest Zap......satch was the one he studied under......

if you want to read more about the factoids....

https://www.guitarworld.com/gw-archive/ … -interview

Last edited by stinkfist (2017-12-29 08:51:38)

Offline

#36 2017-12-29 01:14:35 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

Offline

#37 2017-12-29 21:04:14 - Song of the day 12/23

stinkfist (207)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 1,282

Re: Song of the day 12/23

today's version from one of the best voices ever that is no longer with us.....truly a sad story.....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUDRU9-HRk

Offline

Board footer