CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-12 10:57:10 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

AndreWhere (1009)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,380

Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#2 2019-10-12 10:58:22 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

AndreWhere (1009)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,380

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Fox 8 is saying one person is dead.  That's a shame and I'm surprised that number isn't bigger.  Hope it doesn't get bigger.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#3 2019-10-12 11:17:46 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

TheChosenOne (199)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 565

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

At least 3 missing. Most likely buried in the debris

Sad day for those effected by this

Last edited by TheChosenOne (2019-10-12 11:18:08)

Offline

#4 2019-10-12 14:22:28 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1198)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,528

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Good lawd.......how does that happen with today’s engineering?

Prayers....


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#5 2019-10-12 16:05:11 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist (577)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,786

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Good lawd.......how does that happen with today’s engineering?

Prayers....

uhhhhm....nola, cheap steel, and politics....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#6 2019-10-12 16:38:18 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1198)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,528

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Never heard of weak steel before.....always thought steel was.......you know steel....


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#7 2019-10-12 16:45:46 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

AndreWhere (1009)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,380

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

http://www.residencesathrhneworleans.com/

Straight out of South Park.

When did "decadent" become a good thing? How about "comfortable" or "affordable?"

Screw decadence. Does someone feed you grapes while you luxuriate in a frickin' toga?


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#8 2019-10-12 16:55:43 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

AndreWhere (1009)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 7,380

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Never heard of weak steel before.....always thought steel was.......you know steel....

There's a lot of variation. I was looking at a rifle receiver a few weekends ago that was bulged out easily 1/8". Supposedly 4150 steel.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#9 2019-10-12 17:30:55 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist (577)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,786

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Never heard of weak steel before.....always thought steel was.......you know steel....

naw man....it's not even close when it comes to metrics and chemistry.....

it'd blow your mind what the the 'heads' will task the engineering crew with to cut costs....

why do you think China fk'd us up the arse beginning 20 yrs. ago....

#supplychainfaggots


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#10 2019-10-12 18:07:17 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

skyvoyager (74)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-13
Posts: 209

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Never heard of weak steel before.....always thought steel was.......you know steel....

buildings dont just collapse... george w did it


Everyone has the right to be stupid... It's just that some people abuse the privilege.

Offline

#11 2019-10-12 18:21:43 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist (577)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,786

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

NGB....here's a solid reason why they started fk'n with the metrics and the few made a mint while the many lost their fk'n jobs....

it's insanely sad what too many do not understand in scope....

https://gensteel.com/building-faqs/buil … el-quality

https://richardvanhooijdonk.com/blog/en … st-cities/

we sold our souls moons ago....it's now just a matter of time before infrastructure neglect and improprieties rob you of your savings....toss in the socialist democrats of today, and you best hope you don't make it past '35....

Last edited by stinkfist (2019-10-12 18:23:06)


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#12 2019-10-12 18:24:28 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1198)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,528

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist wrote:

NGB....here's a solid reason why they started fk'n with the metrics and the few made a mint while the many lost their fk'n jobs....

it's insanely sad what too many do not understand in scope....

https://gensteel.com/building-faqs/buil … el-quality

https://richardvanhooijdonk.com/blog/en … st-cities/

we sold our souls moons ago....it's now just a matter of time before infrastructure neglect and improprieties rob you of your savings....toss in the socialist democrats of today, and you best hope you don't make it past '35....

I remember when we bought their drywall several years back when it was cheaper than Lowe’s or Home Depot......


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

#13 2019-10-12 18:24:58 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist (577)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,786

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

skyvoyager wrote:
Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Never heard of weak steel before.....always thought steel was.......you know steel....

buildings dont just collapse... george w did it

if dubya or george will were involved, I easily agree... wink


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#14 2019-10-12 18:28:39 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

stinkfist (577)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 2,786

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
stinkfist wrote:

NGB....here's a solid reason why they started fk'n with the metrics and the few made a mint while the many lost their fk'n jobs....

it's insanely sad what too many do not understand in scope....

https://gensteel.com/building-faqs/buil … el-quality

https://richardvanhooijdonk.com/blog/en … st-cities/

we sold our souls moons ago....it's now just a matter of time before infrastructure neglect and improprieties rob you of your savings....toss in the socialist democrats of today, and you best hope you don't make it past '35....

I remember when we bought their drywall several years back when it was cheaper than Lowe’s or Home Depot......

when you're tasked to the alchemy of magically changing 0.625 to 0.550 as the limit in thickness to cut cost, you're fk'd as an engineer....


95368035975122i7o8%5B1%5D.jpg

Offline

#15 2019-10-12 18:37:00 - Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

Nugget's Ghostbuster (1198)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 4,528

Re: Hard Rock Hotel in New Orleans just collapsed

4CCD2EBD-F859-47D8-B280-60A80A8E44BC.jpeg


"There was a great deal of character on that field today. They are for real, no doubt about it. This was no fluke." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Offline

Liked by:

Board footer