CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#21 2017-12-03 17:15:22 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

southern miss slacker wrote:

yes, I am a huge seminole fan.

His friends call him "Chief."


Witches are real.

Offline

#22 2017-12-03 17:23:02 - It’s Indy

southern miss slacker (194)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-28
Posts: 935

Re: It’s Indy

I thought he was talking about the Win we had in tallahassee back in 89. I got a little verklempt and developed a smidgen of shpilkis in my genechtagazoink. I'm better now.

Offline

Liked by:

#23 2017-12-03 17:27:17 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

southern miss slacker wrote:

I thought he was talking about the Win we had in tallahassee back in 89. I got a little verklempt and developed a smidgen of shpilkis in my genechtagazoink. I'm better now.

Just be careful you don't accidentally lop off your schmeckl in all the excitement.


Witches are real.

Offline

#24 2017-12-03 17:48:45 - It’s Indy

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: It’s Indy

Much better bowl than any of the C-USA tie-ins and we were nothing but an also-ran.  cool

Sort of like being independent, huh?


"Winning is relative."

Offline

Liked by:

#25 2017-12-03 17:59:19 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

B&GBU wrote:

Much better bowl than any of the C-USA tie-ins and we were nothing but an also-ran.  cool

Sort of like being independent, huh?

The Independence Bowl bid is definitely ammunition for people who want to make a case for C-USA.

Had C-USA successfully screwed us, it would be ammunition for the other side of that argument.


Witches are real.

Offline

#26 2017-12-03 18:06:43 - It’s Indy

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: It’s Indy

AndreWhere wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Much better bowl than any of the C-USA tie-ins and we were nothing but an also-ran.  cool

Sort of like being independent, huh?

The Independence Bowl bid is definitely ammunition for people who want to make a case for C-USA.

Had C-USA successfully screwed us, it would be ammunition for the other side of that argument.

What you say? I'm just askin.


"Winning is relative."

Offline

#27 2017-12-03 18:09:29 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

B&GBU wrote:
AndreWhere wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

Much better bowl than any of the C-USA tie-ins and we were nothing but an also-ran.  cool

Sort of like being independent, huh?

The Independence Bowl bid is definitely ammunition for people who want to make a case for C-USA.

Had C-USA successfully screwed us, it would be ammunition for the other side of that argument.

What you say? I'm just askin.

I'm impressed that 2017 C-USA brought us anything this valuable. Would not have anticipated it.


Witches are real.

Offline

#28 2017-12-03 18:10:44 - It’s Indy

TheChosenOne (77)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-26
Posts: 271

Re: It’s Indy

Do you really believe CUSA/Judy brought the Independence Bowl to us?  Seriously?

Last edited by TheChosenOne (2017-12-03 18:11:05)

Offline

#29 2017-12-03 18:13:12 - It’s Indy

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: It’s Indy

They brought us nothing, but will take the bowl proceeds.  mad

Thanks might be in order for Old Piss when it gets down to it.

Last edited by B&GBU (2017-12-03 18:33:56)


"Winning is relative."

Offline

Liked by:

#30 2017-12-03 18:15:45 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

TheChosenOne wrote:

Do you really believe CUSA/Judy brought the Independence Bowl to us?  Seriously?

I think they did the legal work necessary way back when to get a deal with the bowl. It's not an every-year deal or even close to that, but it's an outside chance that paid off.

There was a lot of luck involved, and I kind of suspect that Judy etc. wanted to send Tech anyway. I think our AD and maybe even Bennett would not be denied, though.

So here we are. It does not make me pro-CUSA, but you have to weigh what happened today against the fact that CUSA looked like a zero value proposition for us prior.

There is a lot of speculation here, of course.


Witches are real.

Offline

#31 2017-12-03 18:20:52 - It’s Indy

B&GBU (30)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 121

Re: It’s Indy

Our AD? lol


"Winning is relative."

Offline

#32 2017-12-03 18:27:44 - It’s Indy

AndreWhere (170)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 1,724
Website

Re: It’s Indy

B&GBU wrote:

Our AD? lol

Tell me the story then. I don't think it was solid play on the field that got USM to Shreveport. Some fans will travel to the game, but probably not enough to get the team in on that basis.

It wouldn't surprise me if the people at FSU knew they had to play a CUSA team, and they went down this list until they found a team that their alumni would recognize. So a lot of credit goes to people who were here in the 80s and 90s, not Gilbert.

That said, somehow a situation was engineered, by someone, in which FSU had to pick from a list of CUSA teams.


Witches are real.

Offline

#33 2017-12-03 18:28:56 - It’s Indy

SoMs Eagle (19)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 203

Re: It’s Indy

AndreWhere wrote:
southern miss slacker wrote:

yes, I am a huge seminole fan.

His friends call him "Chief."

Now that gave me a giggle. And not much does these days.

We got a chance, however small, to send the seminoles to a losing season in probably our last time ever to play them. How sweet it is.

Offline

Liked by:

#34 2017-12-03 18:54:07 - It’s Indy

99beers (172)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 906

Re: It’s Indy

Naw man, as an indepedent the door is open for many more....


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

#35 2017-12-03 18:56:41 - It’s Indy

Nugget's Ghostbuster (161)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 710

Re: It’s Indy

SoMs Eagle wrote:

We got a chance, however small, to send the seminoles to a losing season in probably our last time ever to play them. How sweet it is.

1976......Bowden’s first season was FSU’s last losing season. I welcome the opportunity to break that streak....


"When Nugget II was found dead that cold December morning, Southern Miss had a serious problem on its hands. The handler who starved Nugget II is presumably still out there, his freedom bought for $2,000 from alumni coffers."

Offline

#36 2017-12-03 19:13:29 - It’s Indy

Reggie Favre (61)
Member
Registered: 2017-09-01
Posts: 218

Re: It’s Indy

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:
SoMs Eagle wrote:

We got a chance, however small, to send the seminoles to a losing season in probably our last time ever to play them. How sweet it is.

1976......Bowden’s first season was FSU’s last losing season. I welcome the opportunity to break that streak....

if not for EJ, the winner of this game would have the current longest streak for consecutive winning seasons.  oh well.

Offline

#37 2017-12-03 19:16:12 - It’s Indy

99beers (172)
Member
From: Uranus
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 906

Re: It’s Indy

You pepes are fools.   That P5 school gonna kick our ass!


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia Tech SwagFag can eat zombie feces...loser. #PoundSand

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB