CollegeSportsUnfiltered.com

College sports... without the power-hungry mods!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-13 11:06:35 - No 12th Game

Nugget's Ghostbuster (671)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,767

No 12th Game

Dilbert said he is no longer pursuing a makeup game.


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#2 2018-11-13 12:37:38 - No 12th Game

tg300 (332)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 963

Re: No 12th Game

Nugget's Ghostbuster wrote:

Dilbert said he is no longer pursuing a makeup game.

Raise and extension.

He can't get the fuck out of town fast enough.

And he should take his girlfriend Lamont with him.

Offline

#3 2018-11-13 12:41:08 - No 12th Game

Mao Tse-gore (84)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 270

Re: No 12th Game

https://www.sunherald.com/sports/colleg … 90755.html
In other words nobody worth playing wanted to play us...and besides, it'd be too much work.


We still suck bigtime.

Success is sand-crotch volleyball.

Offline

#4 2018-11-13 12:43:47 - No 12th Game

southerner92 (8)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-30
Posts: 12

Re: No 12th Game

Gilbert is a waste of time and money

Offline

#5 2018-11-13 14:39:52 - No 12th Game

Fighting eagle (60)
Member
Registered: 2018-06-30
Posts: 194

Re: No 12th Game

That makes no sense. He offers no explanation why but it is implied because of injuries? You have almost A month after your final game to heal up I juries before a bowl game. You're going to have some pissed off people if they win 1 of the last 2 games and could have-got  bowl eligible by scheduling some fbs team.

Offline

#6 2018-11-13 15:51:20 - No 12th Game

Nugget's Ghostbuster (671)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,767

Re: No 12th Game

He is making an excuse, plain and simple.
There is not a coach or a team in FBS or FCS that doesn't want another game if its available for practice purposes considering how strict the NCAA is with playing time, player accessibility, etc.....
Even if you use the injury excuse, it gives you the ability to play and develop other kids on this roster.

The truth is that Dilbert lost out to either Marshall, Liberty or friggin Norfolk St as it relates to VT.


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#7 2018-11-13 16:22:43 - No 12th Game

Mao Tse-gore (84)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 270

Re: No 12th Game

Fighting eagle wrote:

That makes no sense. He offers no explanation why but it is implied because of injuries? You have almost A month after your final game to heal up I juries before a bowl game. You're going to have some pissed off people if they win 1 of the last 2 games and could have-got  bowl eligible by scheduling some fbs team.

Not sure where it was implied....the writer only mentioned injuries later and separately in his piece.

Sure would be considerate for the unwashed fan base to be afforded a tad more information.


We still suck bigtime.

Success is sand-crotch volleyball.

Offline

#8 2018-11-13 17:48:39 - No 12th Game

tg300 (332)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 963

Re: No 12th Game

Mao Tse-gore wrote:
Fighting eagle wrote:

That makes no sense. He offers no explanation why but it is implied because of injuries? You have almost A month after your final game to heal up I juries before a bowl game. You're going to have some pissed off people if they win 1 of the last 2 games and could have-got  bowl eligible by scheduling some fbs team.

Not sure where it was implied....the writer only mentioned injuries later and separately in his piece.

Sure would be considerate for the unwashed fan base to be afforded a tad more information.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOpfsGrNvnk

Offline

#9 2018-11-13 18:46:14 - No 12th Game

B&GBU (89)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-27
Posts: 279

Re: No 12th Game

You Are Invited

You are invited to be a part of our achievements. Our plans. Our vision. Our future.

It is important that you know you are always welcome and are invited to become engaged with our Department of Athletics. Yet, most importantly we want you to find meaning and value as you engage with our Department.

https://southernmiss.com/staff.aspx


"Winning is relative."

Offline

#10 2018-11-13 18:58:41 - No 12th Game

Black Diamond Reb (238)
Member
From: Palmers Crossing, Mississippi
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 865

Re: No 12th Game

B&GBU wrote:

You Are Invited

We want you to find meaning and value as you engage with our Department.


DogPoop.jpg


"I don't think being in the 6th best conference is too bad."

"Look for Crickets Robertson to be one of the first 64 players chosen in the draft."

Offline

#11 2018-11-13 19:04:33 - No 12th Game

AndreWhere (683)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,671

Re: No 12th Game

Black Diamond Reb wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

You Are Invited

We want you to find meaning and value as you engage with our Department.


DogPoop.jpg

Found the value!


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

#12 2018-11-14 08:11:39 - No 12th Game

Mao Tse-gore (84)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-29
Posts: 270

Re: No 12th Game

AndreWhere wrote:
Black Diamond Reb wrote:
B&GBU wrote:

You Are Invited

We want you to find meaning and value as you engage with our Department.


DogPoop.jpg

Found the value!

Found the meaning!

The dog is our leadership, the collar and license are the college board, the excrement is our leadership's propaganda, the grass is our alumni, students and fans, the trees are the few who understand that, the road is a dead end.

Last edited by Mao Tse-gore (2018-11-14 15:20:34)


We still suck bigtime.

Success is sand-crotch volleyball.

Offline

#13 2018-11-18 13:20:31 - No 12th Game

Nugget's Ghostbuster (671)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,767

Re: No 12th Game

Guessing we didn’t like the conditional clause.....

0A1BFA46-6739-4A6C-BA3D-162F31801558.jpeg


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#14 2018-11-19 10:54:29 - No 12th Game

Nugget's Ghostbuster (671)
Member
From: U.S. Department of Interior
Registered: 2017-08-25
Posts: 2,767

Re: No 12th Game

It is being reported by multiple outlets that Marshall will receive $1.4 million if the VT game is played or not........Their AD clearly knows how to direct athletics.........


"Pressure washers are great for removing deep-seated dirt, grease, peeling paint and even graffiti from concrete, asphalt, siding, decks, lawn furniture, garbage cans, boats and trailers, and outdoor power equipment." - Jon Dilbert, ECU AD

Offline

#15 2018-11-19 11:18:53 - No 12th Game

southerner92 (8)
Member
Registered: 2017-08-30
Posts: 12

Re: No 12th Game

30 seconds after UAB scored in overtime Gilbert should have had the contract with Virginia Tech signed and faxed. This guy cant leave for ECU too soon. I wonder if he and the family make the trip to Cancun for the basketball games before he leaves?

Offline

#16 2018-11-19 15:09:10 - No 12th Game

AndreWhere (683)
Member
From: Dunwoody, GA
Registered: 2017-08-24
Posts: 5,671

Re: No 12th Game

southerner92 wrote:

30 seconds after UAB scored in overtime Gilbert should have had the contract with Virginia Tech signed and faxed. This guy cant leave for ECU too soon. I wonder if he and the family make the trip to Cancun for the basketball games before he leaves?

An excellent question. If so, Gilbert will have been on two (plus?) expensive vacations on the company dime in well under two years.


Bring back Reed V. "Pie" TurkPalmer Eustachy.

Offline

Board footer